Update 8 January 2021
Due to the new national restrictions in place, this event has been postponed. Further information on a rescheduled date will be provided in due course.
Update 12 November 2020
This event has been rescheduled for Sunday 21 February 2021 at Castle Coombe Racing Circuit, Chippenham.
Update 3 November 2020
This event has been postponed. BUCS are working with DB Max to establish a new date in early 2021. An update will be provided on this webpage.
Entries will close as scheduled on 3 November for Students and 5 November for IAs and then re-open once a postponement date is known. It is not necessary for IAs to approve students by 5 November as the entry window will re-open.
BUCS Duathlon will be run in a Covid-19 secure environment and will be subject to local and national restrictions.
Entry Opening Date
Entries are open now
Entry Closing Date
Tuesday 2 February 2021 at 11:59pm – Student/Competitor Deadline
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Thursday 4 February 2021 at 11:59pm – Institution Administrator Deadline
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/competitor deadline to approve entries)
£42.75 per competitor
Should the competition allow more entries a Stage 2 Entry window will open. Priority will remain with the entries received before the Stage 1 entry closing date. Entries received in the Stage 2 window and accepted into the competition, will be charged an additional 20% fee.
Stage 2 Window
Friday 5 February 2021 – Tuesday 9 February 2021
If you entered before this event got postponed, please ensure that you review your entry (ensuring that you have entered an estimated finish time) if you still wish to compete.
If you cannot attend the postponed date there is nothing to do, unless your institution administrator had approved your entry, in which case they must now reject your entry before the IA deadline.
The BUCS Duathlon Championships will comprise of a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run
To apply for this competition:
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves or denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS Individual Eligibility REG 4.
Upon entry please provide your estimated finish time for a 2 mile run,10 mile bike,2 mile run.
Times cannot be changed once waves have been allocated, therefore please enter your time carefully.
- Individual Championships (Men’s and Women’s)
- Overall Team (Men’s and Women’s)
- Men’s Overall Team: The team placing shall be determined by the fastest cumulative time for three athletes from the same institution.
- Women’s Overall Team: The team placing shall be determined by the fastest cumulative time for three athletes from the same institution.
- 12:00: Compulsory pre-race meeting for team captains
- 13:05: Men’s Elite Wave 1
- 13:45: Female Elite Wave 2
- 14.25: Mixed Wave 3
Times are subject to change
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Entries may be limited to adhere to venue capacity restrictions & adherence to guidelines
- Event day format adjusted to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing
- Designated times for arrival and departure (further information included in Event Guide once entries close)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors should stay home if they are living in an area with local lockdown restrictions and where non-essential travel is not permitted outside of the area.
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about indoor facilities
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide (released after entries close)
- To download the track and trace app prior to the event and check in via the app on arrival at the venue.
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.