BUCS Event Disclaimer
The below disclaimer is applied to all BUCS Events. By participating in BUCS Events you agree to the below.
BUCS will make every reasonable effort to ensure its events are run in safe environments. It is the responsibility of all BUCS member institutions and their student-athletes to consider any known medical conditions before entering or competing in a BUCS event.
If you know or are aware of a medical condition that might interfere with you exercising or participating safely, please consult a medical professional before participating.
It is in the interests of all event competitors to inspect the conditions of the competition area and it is entirely your decision to take part.
Please ensure you are fully conversant with the rules of the event. By entering the competition, this acts as the agreement that neither the organisers nor their agents, officials, volunteers, landowners, sponsors or fellow competitors shall be liable in any way or in any circumstances for any damage or injury suffered by the individual in connection with this event.
All participants assume full responsibility for any and all injuries, losses and damages that are incurred while participating in BUCS events.
By participating in the BUCS event, you agree:
- to abide by the rules of the competition and any additional event instructions;
- that you are participating entirely at your own risk; that you will participate in a manner that is safe;
- that any personal event equipment you use will be in good working order and properly maintained;
- to abide by the rules of the site; to accept that you will be liable for any damage caused (knowingly or otherwise);
- to behave in a manner that befits a national sporting event, and any misbehaviour may result in disciplinary action.
As part of the entry process, we collect mobile phone numbers to use in case of last-minute event changes/cancellations and to pass out key information as required. Please note that these details will only be used for important event information and will not be passed to any third parties.
During this event various filming, photography and broadcasting may take place. By your presence at this event you grant your permission for your likeness and voice to be included in pictures and / or on film, and their advertising without compensation or credit.