Both the UPC and BUCS have come to a full agreement that all Alumni entries this year will not be accepted for this event and hence, the Alumni Competition on BUCS Play has been removed with immediate effect. We appreciate this will not be the news some of you will want to here so if you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact us on [email protected].
We feel this is the best decision to ensure we give our current students the best university experience possible and to ensure we can award BUCS Points out accordingly.
Entry opening date
5th November 2021
Entry Closing Date
11:59pm on Tuesday 9 November 2021 - Student/Competitor Deadline
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
11:59pm on Thursday 11 November 2021 - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/competitor deadline to approve entries)
Student Entry: £149.00
Stage 2 Entry (Reserves Only)
Stage 2 will be opened on 12 November 2021 for the addition of reserves only and will remain open until 11:59pm on Sunday 28 November 2021
PLEASE NOTE: This deadline is different to the usual Thursday closing of BUCS Play events to enable institutions to add reserve players (and subsequently make substitutions) for the duration of the team element of the event
Teams are to be made up of either three or four players, with three to play in any given match.
A maximum of 64 teams will be accepted and preference will be given to first teams, then second teams, etc then to institutions highest in the competition rankings. For example, if 80 entries are received comprised of 40 first teams, 20 second teams, 12 third teams and 8 fourth teams then all of the first teams, all of the second teams and the four highest-ranked institutions’ third teams would be accepted (with the fifth-highest ranked institution’s third team being first reserve, the sixth-highest ranked institution’s third team being second reserve, etc).
If your institution enters multiple teams, other than in exceptional circumstances players ascribed to a particular team will unable to compete for any lower ranked team in the tournament. As such, please make your team selections carefully. Players may be moved up from a lower to a higher ranked team (e.g. seconds to firsts) or from the reserve list into a team.
Competitor withdrawals must be made by a competitors Institution Admins by Notifications of withdrawal and any substitution requests must be emailed to the Tournament Director, Stephanie Laba, with BUCS Event Administrator, James Francis, CCed prior to the start of competition.
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, Thursday 11 November at 11:59pm [Stage 1] will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline, Thursday 11 November at 11:59pm [Stage 1] will still be charged the entry fee.
Changes made after the entry deadline but before the publication of the draw will be subject to a surcharge of £10 per player. Any changes made after the publication of the draw will be subject to a surcharge of £20 per player. Substitutions will only be accepted if the proposed competitor is listed on the reserve list downloaded from BUCS Play.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events.
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral flow tests/Vaccine Status
- For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 48 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for a least 2 weeks.
- If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event.