£39.00 per competitor (Stage One)
Thursday 23 September 2021
Entry Closing Dates - Stage One
Tuesday 16 November 2021 at 11:59pm
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Thursday 18 November 2021 at 11:59pm
(Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
Entry Closing Dates - Stage Two
Should the competition allow more entries, a stage two entry window will open. Priority will be given to the entries received before the stage one entry closing date. Entries received in the stage two window and accepted into the competition, will be charged an additional 20% fee.
Stage Two Window
Friday 19 November – Tuesday 23 November 2021
Stage Two Costs
£46.80 per competitor
BUCS points are also awarded for (top 8) for men and women's team. Team positions are calculated based on performance of all men or women BUCS entrants of that institution not including performance in BUCS individual. In other words everyone entered into the BUCS Atemi Championships is competing for BUCS points for their BUCS affiliated institution whether in the men's, women's team competitions or men's or women's individual competition.
To view BUCS points click Here
Institutions can request up to 50 entries per gender. However, should the event reach capacity, BUCS may need to restrict the number of entries per institution. Therefore, when submitting entries on BUCS Play, for both the Men’s competition and Women’s competition, competitors should be sorted into your ranked order of preference before being submitted.
To apply for this competition:
1. Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
2. Institution administrator approves entry
3. BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS individual eligibility REG 4.
Competitor withdrawals must be made by a Institutional admins by emailing James Francis
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, 18 November 2021 at 11:59pm (stage one) will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline, 18 November 2021 at 11:59pm (stage one) will still be charged the entry fee.
Should a withdrawal be accompanied with a valid doctor’s note, no fine will be given but the entry fee will still be charged.
Should BUCS have to open stage two entries then new deadlines for withdrawals will be published.
The Jiu Jitsu Foundation Licence
All competitors must hold a valid The Jiu Jitsu Foundation (TJJF) licence.
Before entries are submitted on BUCS Play
Individuals without a valid TJJF licence will not be permitted to compete.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide once released.
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
For this event you will need to of had at least one vaccination two weeks before the event and a negative lateral flow test.
If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event.