Tuesday 20 April 2021
Tuesday 18 May 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/Competitor Deadline
Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline
Thursday 20 May 2021 at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Men's / Women's Championship: £200 per team
Men's / Women's Trophy: £200 per team
Men's / Women's Shield: £200 per team
Men's / Women's Informal: £200 per team
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above. Entry will be allocated based on previous seasons rankings and a reserve list will be created for extra teams wishing to enter.
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above.
Entry will be allocated based on previous seasons rankings and a reserve list will be created for extra teams wishing to enter.Universities may enter multiple teams, there is no limit. In the event that entries are at capacity, priority of placement will be administered to ensure the greatest number of entries from different universities rather than multiple entries from a single university.
Each team is required to provide two referees. These individuals will be mentored throughout the weekend by England Handball Referee Developers and Assessors as part of ongoing CPD towards future qualification (England Handball Referee Level 2/3).
Please submit your referees here
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and staff.
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors must follow direction from BUCS staff
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors should wear a face covering when indoors
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors are expected to follow government guidance when attending an event including but not limited to guidance around travel and accommodation. This guidance should be considered prior to entry
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.