This year the BUCS Golf Tour will start with the Autumn Trophy hosted by Alyth Golf Club. This year the event will be contested over 18 holes and open to any players with a valid handicap are eligible to play.
Welcome to the first BUCS/SSS Golf Tour Event of the 2020-21 season. Please make sure to familiarise yourself with the information within the event guide. The local rules, Tour Hard Card, Pace of Play Policy and Pin placements all will be found within the guide and will not be given out on the day.
Tee times have now been published on Golfbox and every player should have received an email with your time.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Please change your shoes in the car park.
- Upon arrival please procede directly to the clubhouse to register for the event. All competitors will be required to have a temperature check and complete a Covid-19 questionnaire
- Please depart the venue within 45 minutes of completing your round and confirming your scores.
Alyth Golf Club are once again happy to welcome all BUCS golfers for another great event. The clubhouse will be open from 8 am - 6 pm with food available.
The course would like to remind all golfers of some of the changes in place at the course due to Covid-19. Please read through the information the club has provided.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS and SSS teams have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to venue capacity restrictions/adherence to guidelines
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing, NGB guidance
- Designated times for arrival and departure (Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your schedule tee time and please depart the venue within 45 minutes of completing your round and have confirmed your scores)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event.
- Self-collection of scorecards, course guides will not be provided but are available for purchase from the course.
- All official scoring will be done online with Golfbox. Each golfer will be sent a code for their grouping to be able to enter scores. The starter will also have this information.
- All event specific information will be available online
- Hard card
- Local Rules
- Pin Positions
- Preferred lies will be allowed within bunkers, due to the removal of rakes.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole at all times.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete and will be asked to leave the venue.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors should wear a face covering when indoors
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- All officials and players must follow the guidelines set out by Scottish Golf and the Scottish Government. Please make sure that you are aware of all guidelines before participating in the event.
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.
All BUCS Golf competitions are governed in accordance with the BUCS Golf rules and regulations, the BUCS general regulations, the R&A Rules of Golf, 2020/21 BUCS/SSS Hard Card, Pace of Play Policy and the local rules of the golf club.
Scottish Golf referee(s) will be available to offer rule clarification and support the competition. Competitors are encouraged to use the referees where necessary, and resolve all decisions before completing their round and submitting their scores.
The Tournament Director has the final decision in all sport competition matters.
You can also download any specific regulations below:
All scoring for the event must be done on Golfbox. All players were sent an email which will have a code for you to log on and record your groups' scores. The starter will remind you of this requirement and will have each player's scoring code if needed. Players are welcome to also keep track of their score on a standard scorecard but they are not to be exchanged. Upon completion of the round players will still need to confirm scores submitted.
Please take a look at the guide on player scoring for Golfbox which can be found here.