The event returns to the Torrance Course at Fairmont St. Andrews September 8 - 10, 2021.
The following tee times are to be used as a guide. These are subject to change.
Round 1: women from 07:30, men from 8:50. 10 minute intervals. Random order.
Round 2: men from 07:30, women from 11:30. 10 minute intervals. Reverse score order.
Round 3: The format will be confirmed after completion of the 2nd round. It will start with men from 07:30 in 10 minute intervals, reverse score order. The leaders of the men’s and women’s events teeing off circa 11:10.
The registration desk will be open at least 30 minutes before the first tee time each day. Players are required to check in and pick up their scorecard from the desk each day.
Competitors must register at least 30 minutes before starting Round 1. Competitors are encouraged to register as soon as they arrive at the venue. Registration will be located in the clubhouse. Competitors who do not register may have their tee time withdrawn.
As per the rules of golf, competitors who do not show for their tee time will be disqualified.
Competitors should book all practice rounds directly with the golf club. Call 01334 837023. When booking a practice round state the event ‘Stirling International’. Cost £35 per person.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events.
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
A selection of food will be available to purchase from the clubhouse between 08:30 – 17:00. More information will be available at registration.
Competitors are responsible for providing their own food and drink throughout the competition. All competitors and spectators have a responsibility to keep the venue and competition areas clean and tidy.
This event forms part of the BUCS Golf Tour and Macpherson Order of Merit as well as the first event in the R&A Student Tour Series.
BUCS Macpherson Order of Merit points for qualification to the BUCS Golf Tour Finals will be awarded to the top 20 men and top 20 women as detailed within the BUCS Golf rules and regulations.
R&A Student Tour Series Order of Merit Points will be awarded to the top 20 men and top 10 women.
Each competitor is eligible for one complimentary basket of range balls before each round available from the starters’ hut. Additional range balls can be purchased for £5 per basket. Range open 06:30 – 17:00.
There are changing facilities and showers located within the clubhouse. Lockers are available for £1.
The presentation of awards will take place following the conclusion of Round 3. Competitors and spectators are encouraged to remain in the clubhouse for the announcement of the winners and presentations.
Competitors withdrawing during the competition must inform the Tournament Director, stating their reason for withdrawal. Competitors must also inform their institution they have withdrawn from the competition. Any competitor who do not show up to register for their opening round will be considered a no show and their institution will be fined £50 in addition to the entry fee for the event.