Tuesday 05 April 2022
Entry Closing Dates
Tuesday 3rd May 2022 at 11:59pm
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Thursday 5th May 2022 at 11:59pm
(Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
Please note, due to capacity within the women's event we have offered a stage 2 which will shortly close for students on 10th May at 23:59 and will need to be approved by 12th May at 23:59 by your IA.
Please note this event is only open for E123 category riders.
To apply for this competition:
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves or denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS Individual Eligibility REG 4.
Please note, should you have any issues with your entry please be sure to email James Francis.
Institutions can request an unlimited number of entries, however should the event reach capacity BUCS may need to restrict the number of entries per institution. Therefore when submitting entries on BUCS Play, for both the Men’s Race and Women’s Race riders should be sorted into your ranked order of preference before being submitted.
For example, please us the ranking box on BUCS Play and request your IA ranks your students (1-10, 1 being the preferred and 10 being the least preferred), if you were to have 10 entries for example.
Any questions of how to do so, please email James Francis.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount in the 2021-22 season. Although Government guidelines have bene relaxed, we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events.
1. Event Disclaimer includes specifics around COVID-19
2. Staff and volunteers will be encouraged to wear appropriate face coverings
3. Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
1. Event competitors are encouraged to stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19, or are suspected to have COVID-19
2. Event competitors are encouraged to test if they have any COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending an event
3. Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers
4. Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
5. Competitors are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
6. Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending
7. Competitors unable to attend event due to COVID-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
1. For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 24 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks.
2. If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event
Whilst we are very much hoping to be able to deliver a full calendar there is always the possibility that changing guidance around COVID-19 might impact this or lead to changes to our event formats or delivery models. We will endeavour to ensure regular communication regarding any changes.
For any questions on the 2021-22 Season please contact Jo Smith.
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, Thursday 5th May 2022 at 11:59pm will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline, Thursday 5th May 2022 at 11:59pm will still be charged the entry fee.