Entry Opening Date
Entries are open now
Entry Closing Date
Tuesday 6 April 2021 at 11:59pm – Student/Competitor Deadline
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Thursday 8 April 2021 at 11:59pm – Institution Administrator Deadline
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/competitor deadline to approve entries)
£13 per competitor
Due to CTT restrictions, we will only be accepting 120 entries into the competition.
To apply for this competition:
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves or denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS Individual Eligibility REG 4.
Times cannot be changed once waves have been allocated, therefore please enter your time carefully.
Individual Championships (Men’s and Women’s)
Individuals will automatically be entered into the team competitions, provided there are enough eligible individuals from that institution to comprise a team. Please note the following team compositions:
Men’s Overall Team – The team placing shall be determined by the fastest cumulative time for three riders from the same institution.
Women’s Overall Team – The team placing shall be determined by the fastest cumulative time for two riders from the same institution.
The first rider will set off at 13:01; riders will be released at 60 second intervals from this point as per British Cycling & CTT guidelines.
Rider start times will be communicated to competitors closer to the event.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Entries may be limited to adhere to venue capacity restrictions & adherence to guidelines
- Event day format adjusted to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing
- Designated times for arrival and departure (further information included in Event Guide once entries close)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Competitors will be required to have a temperature check on the entry into transition
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival, or in advance of the event
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors should stay home if they are living in an area with local lockdown restrictions and where non-essential travel is not permitted outside of the area.
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks if carried out at the event. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about indoor facilities
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide (released after entries close)
- To download the track and trace app prior to the event and check in via the app on arrival at the venue.
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.