Entry Opening Date
Tuesday 7 December 2021
Entry Closing Date
Tuesday 18 January 2022 at 23:59pm
(Students / Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Institution Administrator Deadline:
Thursday 20 January 2022 at 23:59
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student / competitor deadline to approve entries)
Individual Events (K1M, K1W, C1M, C1W, C2): £25.50
Team Events (Open and Mixed): £30.50
Should the competition allow more entries a Stage 2 Entry window will open. Priority will remain with the entries received before the Stage 1 entry closing date. Entries received in the Stage 2 window and accepted into the competition, will be charged an additional 20% fee.
Stage 2 Entry Costs
Individual Events (K1M, K1W, C1M, C1W, C2): £30.60
Team Events (Open and Mixed): £36.60
- Men’s K1 Championship (K1M - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules in pre-event information)
- Women’s K1 Championship (K1W - All types of K1 kayak allowed, see equipment rules in pre-event information)
- Men’s C1 Championship (C1M - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
- Women’s C1 Championship (C1W - All types of C1 closed-cockpit 1-person canoe allowed)
- Open C2 Championship (C2 - Event open to both men and women. All types of C2 closed-cockpit 2-person canoe allowed)
- Open Team Championship
This is made up on any three boats per team of any gender
- Mixed Team Championship
This is made up of three boats per team and is open to all boats of either gender except Men’s K1.
An individual competitor may only enter each Team Event once
If entering both the open and mixed team events must paddle a different boat class in each. This means a competitor cannot paddle their K1, C1 or C2 in both an Open and a Mixed Team.
Team events require an entry per event, irrespective of other events entered
In each case, entering the relevant individuals that constitute that team, noting that each individual can only be entered in a maximum of one open team and one mixed team.
Team details must be submitted on BUCS Play at the time of entry. Each team must be ranked the same number.
Institutions can request an unlimited number of non guaranteed entries, however should the event reach capacity BUCS may need to restrict the number of entries per institution. Therefore when submitting entries on BUCS Play, entries should be ranked in order of preference of entry before being submitted. Should BUCS need to restrict per this will be done equally across institutions. (Where applicable all Para Athletes will be guaranteed entries).
To apply for the competition all eligible competitors must follow these steps.
- Competitor to apply to the event on BUCS Play (Instructions on how to do this can be found here)
- Institution administrator approves entry (Instructions on how to do this can be found here)
- BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit REG 4 Individual Eligibility.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to capacity restrictions
- Designated times for arrival and departure (Event specific info should include this)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed 24 hours in advance of the event
- Self-collection for event paperwork (EG. Bib numbers)
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- Competitors must depart promptly after competition finishes – no hanging around post event
What’s expected of competitors:
Event competitors should stay home if they have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have COVID-19
- Event competitors are expected to test if they have any COVID-19 symptoms or live in the same household with someone with COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending an event
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine/self isolate due to international travel restrictions or by relevant home nation test and trace systems
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete COVID-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors unable to attend event due to COVID-19 must contact the event lead
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.