UNIversal Gym membership opens the doors to multiple gyms around the country, meaning you can work out where ever in the United Kingdom you are, helping staff and students stay active all year round.
This means if you have a gym membership at your university gym of study or work and it's part of the network, you will have access to many more gyms around the country at no extra cost.
So, when you are exploring the country with friends or visiting back home, you can access other university gyms near you to keep you active.
We are currently digitising UNIversal Gym to improve the user experience of both the participant and the institution. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Your gym members will be able to sign up to and create a UNIversal Gym membership online, which will allow you to effectively manage your members.
- Gym administrators will have the ability to set up an online community for institution gyms and facilities to promote the UNIversal Gym offer throughout your university.
- Gym administrators will have the capacity to approve/decline UNIversal Gym memberships, giving you more autonomy to approve valid members for the scheme.
- An improved online finder to allow students/staff to locate a UNIversal Gym (including the respective terms and conditions of each offer) nearest to them which can be hosted on your own university site.
- A streamlined online booking system to avoid overcrowding whilst also using QR code technology.
BUCS will be hosting a webinar for institution staff on Tuesday 21 September from 2-3pm that will allow you to gain further insight into the scheme and how it can benefit the health and wellbeing of your students/staff but also add value to your gym memberships. Sign up here.