Open to students from all over the world, this opportunity gives individuals the chance to be a part of the 2020 FISU World University Championships (WUC).
Successful volunteers will learn about how the Championships are run, working from the inside on the Organising comittee.
What are the benefits of the programme?
- Gain experience at an international sporting event
- Develop event management and communication skills
- Opportunity to create worldwide contacts with the International University Sport community
- Reasons of application and relevance in the frame of the WUC
- Language skills and field of study
- Work and volunteer experience
- Sport knowledge
- Geographic location.
How to apply?
If you are interested please submit:
- The registration form, that is found at the top of the page.
- Your CV
- A document confirming your student status. Examples of this include your registration certificate, transcript or something similar.
If you are successful, please let BUCS know by emailing [email protected].
Deadlines for applications for Championships are in three stages depending on the date of the Championships.
For Championships in:
- March to June the deadline is 15 January 2020.
- July to August the deadline is 15 March 2020.
- September to November the deadline is 15 June 2020.
A few important things to know...
Each World University Championship will have a set amount of volunteers set by the Organising Committee. The Committee will cover and be responsible for local transportation, accommodation and full board for volunteers.
Volunteers will have to cover travel costs and any other related expenses, including visa and insurance.
What are the objectives of the programme?
- to offer volunteers worldwide the possibility to gain experience at an international sporting event and develop event management and communication skills
- to offer an opportunity to create worldwide contacts with the International University Sport community
- to allow FISU to increase its network and database of future leaders in sports management
- to give the Organising Committee the opportunity to benefit from outsiders’ vision on their event and an added value of key volunteers in important organisational areas.
Download the application form and send through today.