Do you want to work for York’s multi-award winning leisure and sporting facility? Our Duty Managers have a passion for ensuring that our customers have the best experiences when they visit and use our sporting facilities, with safety and security being a priority at all times. We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and determined team player to join us and to contribute to the ongoing success of York Sport and to make a positive difference for all our customers.
York Sport is responsible for the University of York’s sporting estate and for delivering University and community facing services in support of our mission to ‘inspire activity’. We have an ongoing commitment to provide the highest facility and service standards to a wide range of user groups which is massively supported by key stakeholders who have invested over £16 million to help us improve and grow. York Sport is proud of what it offers to the community and will continue to engage with the city of York to promote sport and wellbeing for all.
As a Duty Manager, your role will be constantly varied and exciting! This will include managing a team, recruiting and training, dealing with customer queries, health and safety and much more. You will represent York Sport and will need to be motivated to lead a team and ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the facility.
The following qualifications are required of the successful candidate: First Aid, National Pool Plant Operators and National Pool Lifeguard (RLSS). The hours are 37 per week and the starting salary is £21,550 per annum. You will need to be flexible and open to working weekend, evening and public holiday shifts. Closing date: midnight on 23 February 2020 Anticipated interview dates: 4 & 6 March 2020 Anticipated start date: w/c 6 April 2020 Why
Should You Apply?
• We offer 38 annual leave days, includes the public and bank holidays
• A car parking on premises is available and subject to competitive monthly fees
• We provide 10% discount at on-campus catering outlets and Nisa retail shops (T&Cs apply)
• We offer discounted postage services (National and International)
• We provide concession rates to use York winning sports facilities, York Sports Village and York Sports Centre
• We offer Competitive rates at Campus Nursery and Cycle to Work Schemes
• We offer discounted rates on local retailers and services that are exclusive to YCL York Conferences Ltd. (YCL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of York. T
he Head Office is situated at the University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD and the Directors of YCL are appointed by the Council of the University of York.