The University of Reading is a world-renowned institution, ranked joint 169th in the QS World University Rankings in 2024, 4th in the UK in the People & Planet University League, and contributes £1billion to the UK economy. In addition, the University has recently launched its ambitious three-year Sport & Active Wellbeing Vision 2023-2026, aimed at inspiring, growing and embedding sport and active wellbeing into the University and wider community, and is undergoing some key developments as part of this exciting new Vision. Working as part of the SportsPark team, the Sport & Active Wellbeing Coordinator will form part of the Sport & Active Wellbeing team and will be essential in coordinating the delivery and development of a range of sport and active wellbeing projects, programmes and initiatives across the University. Engaging with students, staff and the community to help achieve strategic aims and grow the University’s profile and reputation in sport will be a key function of this role, so we welcome candidates who are excellent at networking and establishing partnerships.
As a key team player, you will have:
• An excellent understanding and experience of customer engagement and delivery
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Extensive knowledge of the higher education sports sector
• Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating a range of sports / physical activity programmes and events
• Experience in using digital tools and social media to increase engagement in sport and / or active wellbeing projects.
• Experience of working to agreed KPI’s and budgets
• Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, partners and / or National Governing Bodies Candidates must be willing to work regular working hours, predominantly on campus, but some evening and weekend work may be required as appropriate to the role.
If you are confident that you can deliver an improved, impactful and inclusive sport and active wellbeing offer to meet the evolving and growing needs of our students, staff and wider community on an award-winning UK Green Flag campus, then we want to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Friday 23rd February 2024. For more information, please contact: David Givens, Sport & Active Wellbeing Manager, at [email protected] or call 0118 378 8799.