Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester) – Men’s Cricket Coach
Salary: Hourly rate for training/day rate for fixtures, dependent on experience and attendance at both training & matches (£10-20/hr).
Closing Date: 15th August 2021
Contact Name: Joe Wharton
Contact Email: [email protected]
MMU Sport are currently looking to recruit a passionate, and inspiring qualified Cricket coach to work in partnership with us to develop our programme and maximise success in BUCS competition. The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the club members, other coaches and MMU Sport. They will also support the development of the club in training and competition.
Training sessions take place on Wednesday evenings at Old Trafford Cricket Centre. Competitive Indoor Cricket fixtures take place on Saturdays in a round robin format in term 1 (September-December). Competitive Outdoor Cricket fixtures take place on Wednesdays in term 3 (April-June) and home fixtures take place at Wythenshawe Cricket Club or Old Trafford Cricket ground. The role is for two hours of training per week (23 weeks) and six hours for fixtures. The successful coach will be registered on the University’s payroll system.
• To be aware of and abide by all relevant policies and procedures for Manchester Met and specific to the club. This includes but is not limited to – MMU Sport H&S Policy, Sports coach UK code of conduct, and any NGB or BUCS regulations.
• Responsible for general coaching practices including session planning, delivery and evaluation procedures.
• Regularly communicate with MMU Sport staff to provide feedback on performance and club development, attend termly meetings and compile regular reports on aims and objectives.
• Work with other coaches and the MMU Cricket (Men’s) committee to establish a coaching framework that will support continual player development and progress of the club.
• Attend BUCS matches to coach and advise individuals and squads, displaying technical awareness to gain the best possible performance.
• Responsibility and accountability for team selection, in partnership with the relevant captains or committee members, determine methods of selection and provide constructive feedback to those not selected.
• Regularly review club performance and progress.
• Assist the club committee members to complete club development planning and work towards their aims and objectives.
• Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members.
• Make sure all sessions comply with Health and Safety standards and maintain high standards with regards to Equality and Diversity.
• Demonstrate understanding of the aims and objectives of MMU Sport and to work in partnership to help to achieve these.
• Attend two review meetings per year with MMU Sport.
• To complete and submit timesheets on a monthly basis (where relevant).
Application Process: To apply for this position, please submit a current CV and covering letter by email outlining the following:
• Why you would like to apply for the role
• Your previous coaching experience and education
• Your availability to coach on Wednesday evenings and attend Saturday/Wednesday fixtures
The deadline to apply for this position is 15th August.