Entry Opening Date
Tuesday 10 August 2021
Entry Closing Date
Tuesday 21 September 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/ Competitor Deadline
(Students/ Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Thursday 23 September 2021 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
£38.50 per competitor
Staged Entry (Updated 24 September)
A Stage 2 for this event has now opened. Priority will remain with the entries received before the Stage 1 entry closing date. Entries received in the Stage 2 window and accepted into the competition, will be charged an additional 20% fee.
Stage 2 window:
Friday 24 September 2021 – Tuesday 28 September 2021
Tuesday 28 September 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/ Competitor Deadline
(Students/ Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Thursday 30September 2021 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Stage 2 Entry Cost
To apply for this competition:
1. Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
2. Institution administrator approves entry
3. BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS Individual Eligibility REG 4.
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY
Institutions can request up to 100 non-guaranteed entries in both the male and female events. Institution Administrations must rank competitors in order of preference when submitting entries, as if the event reaches capacity, BUCS may need to restrict the number of entries per institution.
Competitor withdrawals must be made by a competitors athletic/ students union by emailing Alice Robinson.
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, 23 September 2021 at 11:59pm [Stage 1] will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline 23 September 2021 at 11:59pm [Stage 1] and before midday on the 29 September 2021 will be fined £10 and will still be charged the entry fee.
Competitors who do not withdraw before midday on the 29 September 2021 and do not attend registration will be classed as a late withdrawal/ no show and therefore will be charged the entry fee and will also be fined £20 which will be charged after the event to the competitor’s athletic union.
Should BUCS have to open Stage 2 entries then new deadlines for withdrawals will be published. Reserves will only be charged an entry fee if they are accepted into the competition.
There shall be a Male and a Female category within these Championships.
BUCS Points can be found here.
Individuals will automatically be entered into the team competitions, provided there are enough eligible individuals from that institution to comprise a team. Please note the following team compositions:
Men’s Overall Team – The team placing shall be determined by the highest cumulative score for three surfers from the same institution.
Women’s Overall Team – The team placing shall be determined by the highest cumulative score for three surfers from the same institution.
Please note that BUCS points will not be allocated where the minimum number of competitors has not been reached, and where there are not enough individual scores to extract a team score. Furthermore, an individual/team must have beaten another individual/team to score BUCS points (i.e. if 3 individuals finish an event, only 2 will score BUCS points).
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide once released.
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 48 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for a least 2 weeks.
If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event