Entry Opening Date
Tuesday 21 September 2021
Entry Closing Date
Tuesday 19 October 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/ Competitor Deadline
(Students/ Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Thursday 21 October 2021 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
(Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
Ski Race (Slalom) - £45.75
Snowboard Race (Slalom) - £45.75
Ski Freestyle (Slopestyle) - £45.75
Snowboard Freestyle (Slopestyle) - £45.75
Ski Team Duals - £78 (Team of 5)
Snowboard Team Duals - £78 (Team of 5)
Should the event be oversubscribed BUCS will reserve the right to limit the number of competitors based on the number of universities who have entered.
Please ensure you submit entries in all competitions in order of preference, by ranking them.
The full timetable will be released after entries close.
A few important points:
- All racing events, including duals, will take place in the morning session, starting with Ski Slalom.
- All freestyle events will take place in the evening session.
- Compulsory captains meeting will take place before racing events
- Freestyle competitior meeting is before the evening session.
Competitor withdrawals must be made by a competitors institutional admins by emailing the Cleo Lyn.
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, 21 October at 11:59pm (stage one) will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline, 21 October at 11:59pm (stage one) and before midday on the 29 October will still be charged the entry fee.
Competitors who do not withdraw before midday on the 29 October and do not attend the competition will be classed as a late withdrawal or a no show. This means they will be charged the entry fee and will also be fined £10 which will be charged after the event to the competitor’s athletic union.
Should a withdrawal be accompanied with a valid doctor’s note, no fine will be given but the entry fee will still be charged.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide once released.
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
- For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 48 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for a least 2 weeks.
- If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event