Longcliffe Golf Club welcomes all BUCS golfers for a single day 18 hole competition.
Tuesday 1 September 2020
Tuesday 6 October 2020 at 11:59pm - Student/Competitor Deadline
Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline
Thursday 8 October 2020 at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/competitor deadline to approve entries.
£30 per competitor
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
Part of the BUCS Golf Tour 2020-21 and Macpherson Order of Merit.
The competition format
- This is a 18 hole individual stroke play competition
- Specific start times for all competitors will be published on Monday 12 October 2020
There are no BUCS points available for this competition.
Macpherson Order of Merit Points available:
There is no limit on the number of competitors an institution can enter into this competition.
Rules of entry
- There is no limit on a competitor's handicap for single day events
- Acceptance into the competition will be based on a competitor’s handicap.
- Competitors with the lowest handicaps will be accepted into the competition
- Competitors who are not accepted will be kept on a reserve list.
To apply for this competition:
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer.
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS individual eligibility REG 4.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to venue capacity restrictions/adherence to guidelines
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing, NGB guidance
- Designated times for arrival and departure (Please do not arrive more than one hour before your schedule tee time and please depart the venue within 45 minutes of completing your round and have confirmed your scores)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event.
- Self-collection of scorecards, range tokens and course guides.
- All official scoring will be done online with Golfbox. Each golfer will be sent a code for their grouping to be able to enter scores. The starter will also have this information.
- All event specific information will be available online
- Hard card
- Local Rules
- Pin Positions
- Preferred lies will be allowed within bunkers, due to the removal of rakes.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole at all times.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete and will be asked to leave the venue.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors should wear a face covering when indoors
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.