BIG WEDNESDAY 2024
BUCS are looking to appoint staff to be part of the event team running BUCS Big Wednesday in 2024. We are currently accepting applications from individuals currently employed or engaged by a BUCS member University.
Full details of the role, what to expect and how to apply can be downloaded here. Applications will close Friday 8 December 2023.
Any questions should be directed to [email protected] (Head of Events Operations)
If you are a student looking to volunteer at BUCS Big Wednesday – applications will be open through the Loughborough CVA Portal from November 2023.
We are now accepting applications to volunteer for BUCS Big Wednesday on 19 & 20 March 2024!
Over 100 volunteers will help to deliver this multi-sport event at Loughborough University, and we need people who are excited and passionate about university sport to join the team!
If you are passionate about giving back to your sport, or just generally like to be involved at sporting events then these roles are for you!
By volunteering with us you will develop new skills and knowledge, meet fabulous like-minded individuals and develop your own confidence!
We are currently recruiting for:
All applications need to be made on the Loughborough University CVA Portal. You can sign up to this as a Loughborough Student and a non-student – we welcome everyone!
If you are a non-student please follow these instructions:
How to apply:
- Visit CVA Portal, click log in then ‘sign up to the CVA’
- Create an account, if not a Loughborough University student then select ‘Sign up as Non Student’ then register. Once verifying your account via the email sent to your inbox, you can access the opportunities open to community volunteers.
- Once logged in, type in ‘BUCS Big Wednesday’ when on the ‘Opportunities tab’, click on which role you would like to apply to
- Read through the role description and duties and responsibilities, then answer the two questions at the bottom of the page – ‘why do you want this role’ and ‘why do you think you are suitable for this role’
- Click apply and your application will be sent off. We will then be in contact in the new year with an update on your application and further details about the event and your role.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2 February 2024.
If you have any questions about the event, then please contact BUCS Head of Events - [email protected]