The survey aims to gain understanding into the levels of physical activity and the relationship between wider health and wellbeing, academic attainment, and employability skills.
Open until the Friday 20 December 2019, students who complete the survey enter a prize draw to win a £50 ASOS voucher.
What’s in it for your institution?
Institutions who collect 5% of their full-time equivalent students to complete the survey will recieve their students data. This will allow your insitution to:
- Compare your student responses against the national average
- Identify the impact of physcial activity on your students mental wellbeing, social inclusion and perceived academic attainment and employability.
- Compare responses of your active and inactive students
- Use the data make informed decisions on future investment and prioritisation of activity
- Demonstrate the impact your sporting and physical activity has towards the student experience and use as an opportunity to build internal partnerships.
Top 5 Highest Response Rate Universities
- Harper Adams University: 3.4% of students have responded
- University of Nottingham: 3.3% of students have responded
- University of Essex: 0.8% of students have responded
- Nottingham Trent University: 0.8% of students have responded
- University of Strathclyde: 0.8% of students have responded
How can you get your students to complete the survey?
Here are some ideas that have been used by other universities:
- Recruit student volunteers to have a stand in the student's union over lunch times
- Create your own prize that students can win as an additional benefit, this could be free membership offer, vouchers or stash.
- Promote across your sporting and non-sport social media channels
- Utilise your screens, tablets,computers in social spaces to advertise
- Encourage your fitness team members to speak to students about it when in the gym
- Link with your Student Union and send out to your societies for student committee/presidents to forward to their members.