In this role, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of our athlete performance sport services, giving structured and meaningful support to help our dual career athletes perform both academically and in their chosen sport.
You will be the key liaison between the University student recruitment team and our chosen athlete recruitment partners to help potential students consider the University of Brighton to further their education and sporting career.
You will be responsible for a workforce and coach development programme that is underpinned by a robust student employability offer that creates opportunities for students to gain qualifications, confidence and deployment in the University and local community.
This role will give you the opportunity to create meaningful and lasting relationships with key partners, sport governing bodies and community organisations to source funding and resource that will further develop the delivery potential and contribute to the financial stability of the programme.
You will be responsible for implementing systems to ensure that the University's duty of care in health and safety for those participating in our activities meets and where possible exceeds best practice.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the student recruitment landscape and factors affecting international student recruitment
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and implementation in a sport club setting Ability to effectively manage relationships, projects and partnerships to help achieve strategic aims
- Experience of supporting student club development; including setting performance targets and workforce development
- Experience of day to day supervision of others and the co-ordination of student volunteers
- Knowledge of the organisation and management of sports activity programmes
For more information about the role or an informal conversation please contact Claire on [email protected]