Table Tennis England is the National Governing Body (NGB) for table tennis in England.
JOB SUMMARY :
- To provide administrative support to the Competition and Events team, and support delivery of events on-site as required.
- To assist the events staff and volunteer coordinators to plan and deliver a national programme designed to encourage new and retain existing participants and inspire involvement in Table Tennis in accordance with the Table Tennis England Mission 2025 strategic plan.
The key responsibilities shown below are indicative of the role but may alter from time to time, especially in relation to the shared responsibilities of the other members of the events team at times of holidays, sickness etc. Weekend work will be required. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Postholders may be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
- Act as the first port of call for enquiries from players, members and external suppliers
- Identify and book venues, accommodation, and suppliers etc for the Table Tennis England events programme
- Process entry forms and competition entry fees as required
- Prepare accreditation and signage, collate information, and create databases and other related event paperwork as required
- Support the recruitment, training and development needs of volunteers
- Working as part of a team, to set-up and deliver events to completion, providing management and support on-site as necessary, including directing professional and volunteer workforce
- Support the Competitions & Events planning and review process
- Maintain detailed records and reports of event activities and finances
- The department delivers a range of events, and you may be asked to lead on a number of smaller events on the Table Tennis England calendar
- When attending events, you may be required to stay overnight. This will include a number of weekends throughout the season
- To undertake other duties from time to time as reasonably required by your Line Manager
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience as an administrator or event organiser, ideally within a sports context, with an interest in being actively involved with table tennis competition
- Strong IT and Internet skills, and previous experience of Microsoft office and web-based technologies
- Knowledge of the structure of table tennis in England is desirable, including an understanding of the stakeholders
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated to work alone and as part of a team
- Good project administration skills, with the ability to work with project plans, meeting and event deadlines
- Ability to manage a demanding and varied work programme, and able to prioritise workload; calm under pressure
- Good negotiation and influencing skills, and a solution-focused approach to working cross-departmentally with other colleagues
- Ability to be creative, use initiative and be able to think outside the box
- A valid, clean driving licence and experience of driving a van or large vehicle would be advantageous
Table Tennis England is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A copy of the policy can be found on the Table Tennis England website