Tueasday 22nd February 2022
Entry Closing Dates
Tuesday 15 March 2022 at 11:59pm
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Thursday 17 March 2022 at 11:59pm
(Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above
Please view all BUCS points for this event here.
Please note, the current BUCS points are under review and further updates will be published soon.
BUCS will also follow the BWL weightlifting Technical & Competition Rules and Regulations (TCRRs) and para powerlifting Technical & Competition Rules and Regulations (TCRRs) with the exception that individuals are not required to have domiciled status in the UK or be in possession of, or eligible to apply for, a British passport.
This event has a capacity of 200 entries.
However, should the event reach capacity, BUCS may need to restrict the number of entries per institution.
If we feel the need to do so, we will communicate this to all universities as we monitor the entries that we receive.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of COVID-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding COVID-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events.
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around COVID-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- COVID-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have COVID-19
- Event competitors are expected to test if they have any COVID-19 symptoms or live in the same household with someone with COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending an event
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine/self isolate due to international travel restrictions or by relevant home nation test and trace systems
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete COVID-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors unable to attend event due to COVID-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
- For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 24 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks.
- If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event
Whilst we are very much hoping to be able to deliver a full calendar there is always the possibility that changing guidance around COVID-19 might impact this or lead to changes to our event formats or delivery models. We will endeavour to ensure regular communication regarding any changes.
Competitor withdrawals must be made by a Institutional admins by emailing James Francis
Withdrawals before the entry deadline, Thursday 17th March at 11:59pm will not be charged.
Withdrawals after the entry deadline, Thursday 17th March at 11:59pm will still be charged the entry fee.
Should a withdrawal be accompanied with a valid doctor’s note, no fine will be given but the entry fee will still be charged.
Should BUCS have to open stage two entries then new deadlines for withdrawals will be published.
Categorised as a BWL Tier 1 event the results from the competition will be added to the BWL rankings and can be used for qualification to future national events. This event can also be used to set BWL British records.
On the Door Tickets
Single day ticket: £22
Single Day Concession/student: £19
Weekend Standard: £38
Weekend Concession/student: £32
Single Day Ticket: £20
Single Day Concession/BWL Members/Student: £17
Weekend Standard: £34.50
Weekend Concession/BWL Members/Student: £29.50
*Please note that a concession is 65+ or someone aged between 11 - 16 years of age. Photographic ID to prove age may be required. Anyone aged 10 and under can enter the competition free of charge with an accompanying adult. Student ID will be required.
Please contact British Weight Lifting by emailing [email protected] or call 01132 249 402 if you need further help.