Scottish Qualifier Series
League 1: 20 – 21 November 2021 (Bardowie Loch)
League 2: 29 – 30 January 2022 (Outdoor Education Fife, Crosshill, Lochgelly, KY5 8BA)
League 3: 5 - 6 February 2022 (Outdoor Education Fife, Crosshill, Lochgelly, KY5 8BA)
Midland Qualifier: 29 – 30 January 2022 potentially 5-6 February 2022
Eastern Qualifier: 29 – 30 January 2022 (TBC)
Northern Qualifier: 29 – 30 January 2022 (TBC)
South Central Qualifier: 5 – 6 February 2022
Western Qualifier: 5 – 6 February 2022 (TBC)
Qualifier Reserve Date
12-13 February 2022 (Northern, Western)
19-20 February 2022 (South Central, Midlands and Eastern)
Further confirmation of dates and venues will be updated soon!
Please note that BUCS Points will not be allocated where the minimum number of competitors/teams has not been reached, or where there are not enough individual scores to extract a team score. Furthermore, an individual/team must have beaten another individual/team to score BUCS Points (i.e. if 3 individuals/teams compete in an event, only 2 will score BUCS points). This does not apply to extracted teams.
Individuals/teams are regarded as having compete if they started the event, therefore DNS will not be regarded as having competed. Similarly, medals will be awarded according to the accrual of BUCS Points. For example if only 3 individuals/teams can compete in an event only Gold and Silver medals will be awarded.
BUCS points are available here
Please note, each team shall consist of 6 competitors, at least two female and two male sailors. Spaces are limited to twenty teams at each qualifier (a maximum of three teams per university).
Full terms and conditions of entry are available in the Notice of Race.
The Notice of Race will be uploaded soon.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s Expected Of Competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide once released.
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
For this event you will need to of had at least one vaccination two weeks before the event and a negative lateral flow test.
If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event.
All institutions participating in BUSA/BUCS events are required to be members of BUSA. The Annual subscription, as described on the BUSA website is required in order to participate. This fee includes your club’s RYA Affiliation. SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE DUE BY 8TH NOVEMBER 2021. If you have not received your invoice by October, please request it via email to [email protected]. If your university requires a purchase order number to be included on your invoice, please email [email protected] ASAP.
It is the responsibility of either the individual or institution to ensure that all entrants have appropriate insurance in order to compete. BUSA and BUCS DO NOT insure any competitor for any of their events.
Sailors should contact BUSA ([email protected]) after their entry has been submitted, so we can ensure that we and the club have adequate support in place.