Tuesday 27th April 2021
Thursday 13 May 2021 at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator must have created the teams on BUCS Play by this date. For a Help Guide on how to do this follow this link.
Team Join Deadline: 3 June at 11:59
Students must join their team on BUCS Play before this deadline. It is recommended that all students that could possibly make up the squad on the day join the team, to allow for injuries, illnesses etc. If a player is not listed on the team on BUCS Play before this deadline, they shall not be permitted to be part of the match day squad. For a Help Guide on how to join your team follow this link.
Should the competition allow more entries a Stage 2 Entry window will open. Priority will remain with the entries received before the Stage 1 entry closing date. Entries received in the Stage 2 window and accepted into the competition, will be charged an additional 20% fee.
£160.75 per team
Institution Administrators must create the desired number of teams on BUCS Play. Once Institution Administrators have created the team(s) students can join the team. Players must join the team before Thursday 3 June, otherwise they will not be permitted to be part of the match day playing squad.
In order for this event to be viable, we must have a minimum of 24 teams entered. If this number of teams is not reached, BUCS reserves the right to cancel the event.
Squad Declarations will be collected on BUCS Play, the deadline for students joining the team is Thursday 3 June 2021.
An online form will be made available within the Event Guide that Captains can use to fill out their match day playing squad. It is recommended this is completed a day or two before the tournament. Paper team sheets will also be available from event control on the day.
Every player listed on the match day team sheet must have joined the team on BUCS Play by Thursday 3 June.
Maximum squad size for BUCS Lacrosse 6s tournament is 12 players.
Withdrawals after the closing date will incur a £100 fine. Further to this there will be an additional £100 fine for every fixture missed once the schedule has been released.
Please also take note of the BUCS Cancellations, Withdrawals and Refunds Policy for Events for the 2020-21 season.
These are approximate timings, but the schedule is subject to change:
Captain’s briefing 10:15
First Game 11:00
Games Finish 18:00
Refer to the Lacrosse 6s Rules and Regulations.
Additionally, it is strongly recommended that women and outfield players wear protective eye wear whilst playing.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to capacity restrictions
- New event format of 6s to make the event viable in light of the pandemic
- Designated times for arrival and departure (Event Guide should include this if applicable)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed in advance of the event
- Self-collection for event paperwork (EG. Captains Packs)
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators are permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after competition finishes – no hanging around post event
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors must follow direction from BUCS staff
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors are expected to follow government guidance when attending an event including but not limited to guidance around travel and accommodation. This guidance should be considered prior to entry.
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors should wear a face covering when indoors
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.