Beeston Fields will host our third single day on the Gold Tour on 7 October.
Please make sure to familiarise yourself with the information within the event guide. The local rules, Tour Hard Card, Pace of Play Policy and Pin placements all will be found within the guide and will not be given out on the day.
UPDATE: Pin Placements have now been uploaded.
The first group will tee off at 9:30 am. All tee times will be published on Golfbox and will be found on this site when available.
- Do not arrive more than one hour before your tee time
- Upon arrival please proceed directly to the clubhouse and register for the event. Registration will be located just inside the entrance to the bar area near the putting green.
- All competitors will be required to have a temperature check and complete a Covid-19 questionnaire.
- Please depart the venue within 45 minutes of completing your round and confirming your scores.
Beeston Fields Golf Club are happy to welcome BUCS golfers. The clubhouse will be open from 8:30 - 6 pm with food available.
The course would like to remind all golfers of some of the changes in place at the course due to Covid-19. Please read through the Beeston Fields Visitor information.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to venue capacity restrictions/adherence to guidelines
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing, NGB guidance
- Designated times for arrival and departure (Please do not arrive more than one hour before your schedule tee time and please depart the venue within 45 minutes of completing your round and have confirmed your scores)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event.
- Self-collection of scorecards andrange tokens.
- All official scoring will be done online with Golfbox. Each golfer will be sent a code for their grouping to be able to enter scores. The starter will also have this information.
- All event specific information will be available online
- Hard card
- Local Rules
- Pin Positions
- Preferred lies will be allowed within bunkers, due to the removal of rakes.
- Flagsticks are to remain in the hole at all times.
- Players will be grouped by instituition where possible.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors should stay at home if they are living in an area with local lockdown restrictions and where non-essential travel is not permitted outside the area.
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building, although this has not been made compulsory by the venue (NB. Unless they are competing)
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- To download the NHS Covid track and trace app prior to the event & check in via the app on arrival at the venue
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.
All BUCS Golf competitions are governed in accordance with the BUCS Golf rules and regulations, the BUCS general regulations, the R&A Rules of Golf, 2020/21 BUCS/SSS Hard Card, Pace of Play Policy and the local rules of the golf club.
Scottish Golf referee(s) will be available to offer rule clarification and support the competition. Competitors are encouraged to use the referees where necessary, and resolve all decisions before completing their round and submitting their scores.
The Tournament Director has the final decision in all sport competition matters.
You can also download any specific regulations below:
All scoring for the event must be done on Golfbox. All players were sent an email which will have a code for you to log on and record your groups' scores. The starter will remind you of this requirement and will have each player's scoring code if needed. Players are welcome to also keep track of their score on a standard scorecard but they are not to be exchanged. Upon completion of the round players will still need to confirm scores submitted.
Please take a look at the guide on player scoring for Golfbox which can be found here.
The current withdrawal policy for BUCS Events can be found here.
All withdrawals must be emailed to the event manager by the competitor's athletic or student union.
Competitors who do not withdraw, and do not register at the venue, will be classified as a ‘no-show’ and charged the entry fee and an additional £15 fine payable by the competitor’s athletic union or students’ union.