Please arrive in plenty of time prior to your scheduled start time as all teams/individuals will need to register before being allowed to compete.
YOUR TEAM CAPTAIN MUST PRESENT STUDENT IDENTIFICATION FOR ALL SQUAD MEMBERS. IF A TEAM MEMBER DOES NOT HAVE HIS/HER STUDENT IDENTIFICATION, THEY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO COMPETE.
TIMETABLE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE) – CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
08:00 - 08:45 - Registration S1
08:45 - 08:55 - Judge briefing
08:55 - 09:00 - Competitor briefing
09:00 - 11:30 – Climbing Window (Session 1)
11:45 to 12:15 - Registration S2
12:15 to 12:25 - Judge briefing
12:25 to 12:30 – Competitor briefing
12:30 to 15:00 – Climbing Window (Session 2)
15:15 to 15:45 - Registration S3
15:45 to 15:55 - Judge briefing
15:55 to 16:00 - Competitor briefing
16:00 to 18:30 - Session 3
18:30 - Isolation for finalists
18:30-19:15 – Route set up for Finals and results verification.
19:30-21:00 – Male and Female Climb Offs (Top 4 Male and Female Individuals)/Presentations.
Please ensure you are arrriving in plenty of time to avoid delays on the day.
All universities are required to bring route judges. If you do not bring route judges then you will not be permitted to climb and receive a £25 fine.
Route judges can change from those listed at the time of entry, as long as your bring the required number. Please remember to check in with the registration desk to avoid the fine.
Please note, if you competing with only 1 competitor from your university you will not be required to bring route judges.
All routes will be clearly marked on the climbing areas with colour-coded holds and a descriptive route card. Route difficulty will be categorised as detailed below and competitors will be expected to attempt all 25 routes in their allocated zones.
9 EASY CLIMBS 9 X Font 4-5+
8 MEDIUM CLIMBS 8 X Font 6a-6c+
8 HARD CLIMBS 8 X Font 7a-7c
SUCCESSFUL FIRST ATTEMPT 10 POINTS
SUCCESSFUL SECOND ATTEMPT 7 POINTS
SUCCESSFUL THIRD ATTEMPT 4 POINTS
On all problems, a single bonus point may be gained by reaching a certain marked hold in the event of 3 failed attempts. These extra points are then added to the final points score.
A Final Climb Off will be run in the male and female individual competitions.
The top 4 finishing males, and top 4 females, will compete in the climb off final following the PM session, to establish the top 4 places of the individual male and individual female competitions – this will consist of 4 problems, on the competition wall.
The Climb Off will take place in accordance with the IFSC (INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF SPORT CLIMBING) regulations governing international climbing competitions
**IN ALL CASES THE JUDGES’ DECISION WILL BE FINAL**
There are changing facilities available on site.
Competitors will be able to purchase food on site. As well as a selection of sandwiches, snacks and drinks available for purchase from the Climbing Works Café, we have also arranged for a wood fire pizza truck to attend the event all day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T BE BRINGING ANY OF YOUR OWN ALCOHOL ON SITE. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITH ANY, IT WILL BE CONFISCATED
The sustainability of our event matters to us and we are taking steps to manage our environmental impact. BUCS encourages competitors to:
Bring your own bottles & coffee cups for drinks throughout the event
Take public transport, or car share, to the event if you can
Use the start lists published online
Use the QR codes around the venue to find sport specific information & results
Competitors are strongly advised to wear a mask when not competing. This is to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect staff, officials, volunteers and other competitors.
Any athlete seeking medical attention from a BUCS doctor or physio MUST wear a mask at all times.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of COVID-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding COVID-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events.
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around COVID-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- COVID-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have COVID-19
- Event competitors are expected to test if they have any COVID-19 symptoms or live in the same household with someone with COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending an event
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine/self isolate due to international travel restrictions or by relevant home nation test and trace systems
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete COVID-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- Competitors unable to attend event due to COVID-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
- For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 24 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks.
- If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event
Whilst we are very much hoping to be able to deliver a full calendar there is always the possibility that changing guidance around COVID-19 might impact this or lead to changes to our event formats or delivery models. We will endeavour to ensure regular communication regarding any changes.