Hertfordshire Sports Village provides extensive sports facilities and services to the local community, students and staff of the University of Hertfordshire. Proudly named as one of Leisure and Hospitality’s 20 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, Hertfordshire Sports Village is committed to ensuring our staff team are connected and engaged. Welcoming, going the extra mile, leading by example and the ability to consistently exceed expectations are some of the values we look for in our team members. If you share these values and want to make a real difference in a rewarding and challenging role, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an exceptional and proactive individual to join our successful HertSquad team in delivering the multi award-winning Active Students and Active Staff programmes. The post offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to develop project management skills in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will plan, co-ordinate and deliver a vibrant and comprehensive programme of sport, wellbeing and physical activity initiatives and events aimed at engaging the least sporty University students and staff.
- You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the university to ensure the programme us embedded into the student experience.
- You will line manage the team of enthusiastic student activators, assist with gathering insight, monitoring and evaluation and promotion of the programmes to ensure they are effectively engaging the correct audience.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have experience of projects that aim to increase participation through sport, physical activity and wellbeing.
- You will be familiar with the significance of utilising insight and importance of monitoring and evaluation.
- You will have experience with engaging hard to reach groups and working with students would be advantageous.
- You will possess the skills to be a motivating and supportive line manager to student activators and you will have a basic awareness of project budgets.
- You will believe strongly in adopting and promoting service excellence across all programmes and will embed this mindset within the student activator team to ensure the best possible experience for participants.
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work well under pressure and be able to work independently as well as part of a busy team.
Qualifications required: Graduate or equivalent qualification or relevant demonstrable experience.