We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our Membership Services division. You’ll be driven, using your initiative to support a wide range of organisational initiatives, programmes and projects.
Specific duties of the role include:
• Strategic approach to development and delivery of BUCS, ensuring improvement and effective use of funding.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan (actions, targets, responsibilities and resources).
• Increase club membership and participation.
• Ensure clubs are accessible and inclusive to all participants.
• Contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures as required, in collaboration with other Coordinators.
• Design and deliver training for committee members of Sports Clubs. • Effectively engage students and provide ongoing support and assistance where appropriate.
• Coordinate and deal with member discipline and complaints, contributing to effective process development.
• Assist in the recruitment of coaches to ensure quality of sports provision within clubs.
Participation & Engagement
• Work in partnership with the University to provide opportunities for students to engage in physical activity and sports.
• Work closely with the Student Sport Development Officer on participation programmes for recreational sport.
• Develop mutually beneficial relationships with external partners, (BUCS, SSS, Community Clubs and National Governing Bodies) to increase the range, and quality of sports provision and coaching services provided.
• Work with BUCS, SSS and National Governing bodies to promote volunteering opportunities.
• To monitor, evaluate and report on club activities and identify opportunities for growth.
• To be a mentor on the panel of the Tier 2 programme.
Health & Wellbeing
• Promote and evaluate student wellbeing through engagement with student sport and club activity.
• Plan and take forward projects and campaigns that aim to use physical activity and sport as a method of improving Health & Wellbeing whilst positively impacting on the student experience.
• Engage with Union, University and national campaigns and initiatives for establishing healthy and resilient student communities.
• Embed innovative practices in engaging sports members with sustainability opportunities.
Finance & Funding
• Working with Sports President and Finance Manager to ensure club funds are managed appropriately.
• Oversee the effective running of the Sports Union budget.
• Responsibility for administration of funding requests for Coaches and Capital Equipment.
• In collaboration with Union colleagues deliver signature sports events such as Sports Ball and Varsity. • Work with Stakeholders on the Kit Tender process.
Closing date for applications: 11th December 2023 at 9am
Interviews will be held: Monday 18th December 2023
For further information, please visit www.stirlingstudentsunion.com/recruitment where you will find job description/person spec and equality monitoring form.
To apply for the position, please send a CV and covering letter, along with an equality monitoring form to [email protected]