England Squash have recently launched an ambitious new strategy 'Squash in a Changing World' which sets out our ambition for the future of squash in England to be a thriving, growing and diverse community.
We are seeking a full-time Partnerships and Communities Officer, with strong project coordination skills, to join a forward-thinking team who are passionate about growing the sport and helping people to get active. As Partnerships and Communities Officer you will support a network of clubs, leisure operators, coaches and county associations to get more people playing squash in a greater variety of ways. You will also work with a variety of partners to reach new audiences and enhance diversity across the sport, making the squash community more reflective of society as a whole. You must be a real team player who is enthusiastic, highly organised and has a passion for supporting people from all backgrounds to take part in sport and physical activity.
• Support and engage squash clubs / venues, coaches and county associations to deliver our participation programmes: Squash 101, Squash Girls Can, Squash 57 and Junior 101.
• Lead and support specific projects aimed at increasing participation with a particular focus on inclusion and diversity.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and partners, including county associations, clubs, leisure operators and other delivery partners.
• Coordinate an ongoing programme of club / venue support.
• Develop and maintain relationships with new partners to create opportunities for new communities to engage in squash activities.
To excel in this role you will need:
• Good knowledge of community / club-based sport.
• An understanding of the issues and challenges around engaging a more diverse audience in sport.
• Project coordination experience.
• Experience in building relationships and working with a range of different partners or organisations.
• The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.