This year the Clay Pigeon Shooting Championships will be held at Orston Shooting Ground on 6 & 7 February 2021
Thursday 10 December 2020
Tuesday 2 March 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/Competitor Deadline
Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline
Thursday 4 March 2021 at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Institutional Administrators are given 48 hours after the student/competitor deadline to approve entries.
£54.50 per competitor
This competition will be the sporting discipline of shooting.
The BUCS Clay Pigeon Shooting Championships will take place over two days to allow us to accommodate greater numbers of students and alumni. Each university will only be required to shoot on one day. You will be asked to submit your preference on the BUCS Play entry form. BUCS will allocate days and times based on these preferences, however due to safety restrictions relating to competitor numbers it may not be possible to accommodate all preferences.
Please note; when submitting entries an institution’s competitors may be allocated a shooting time on either day. Therefore competitors will need to be available for both the Saturday and Sunday of the competition.
A competitor’s event competition day will be confirmed alongside the entry guide.
To apply for this competition:
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer.
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS individual eligibility REG 4.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our events seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to venue capacity restrictions/adherence to guidelines
- Reduced shooting squad sizes
- Designated times for arrival and departure
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Contactless registration
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors should stay at home if they are living in an area with local lockdown restrictions and where non-essential travel is not permitted outside the area
- Competitors should follow all government advice around travel to and from events e.g. restrictions on travelling in groups
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building.
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time, there will be no sharing of guns during the event.
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
- To download the NHS Covid track and trace app prior to the event & check in via the app on arrival at the venue
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable
with the risks involved, before attending this event. Please contact the event lead for any questions.