Regionals kicks off the BUCS Ultimate Competitition. It's about finishing on top to get through to the next round, the BUCS Championship Final.
The Men's Indoor Regionals are in the following locations:
- Scotland: Oriam, Heriot Watt University, Currie, EH14 4AS
- North East & North West: Sport Central (Northumbria), Northumbria University, Radnor St. Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QD
- Yorkshire & East Midlands: The Edge, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 9TJ
- West Midlands & Wales: Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1HW
- South West: STV, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7AY
- South East: Fareham, Park Ln, Fareham, PO16 7JU
- East & London: Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 9EU.
Thursday 23 September 2021
Entry Closing Date
Thursday 14 October 2021
£175 per team
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above.
To apply for this competition:
- Entries will need to be submitted via the team entries section of our online entry system, BUCSPlay.
- Please speak to your Athletic Union as they will need to submit your entry.
Teams will be entered on the Team Entry section, but members of each team will not be required there, only the Captain, together with contact details.
Team entry numbers will be limited by venue capacity. Efforts will be made to accept as many teams as possible, but in the instance that the event is oversubscribed at the closing date, the following rules will apply, in order:
- First teams will get priority over second teams, and second over third etc.
- If there is insufficient room for all first teams, places will be awarded in the following order:
- First teams finishing in the top half of the 2019-20 tournament
- First teams who didn’t enter the 2019-20 tournament
- Remaining first teams in order of their finishing position in the 2019-20 tournament
- If there are spaces remaining after all first teams have been awarded a space, second teams will be offered places in an order based on finishing position in 2019-20, then third teams and so on
- Second teams with no finishing position from 2019-20 will have a lower priority than those who attended – but still above all third teams (and so on)
- If the cut-off happens to fall between 2 or more teams with no finishing position from 2019-20, a lottery will be run between those teams to determine entry.
The safety of students, volunteers and staff remains paramount as we move into the 2021-22 season, therefore for the time being we will still be implementing a series of Covid-19 Measures at our events. Although certain safety measures surrounding Covid-19 will be dictated by a venue or specific sport requirements we will be continuing to implement the following general measures across all of our events:
- Event Disclaimer includes specifics around Covid-19
- Whist inside staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate face coverings
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed prior to arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 10 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire prior to arrival at the event
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face covering when indoors and moving about the building
- Competitors should follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide once released.
- Competitors unable to attend event due to Covid-19 must contact the event lead
Lateral Flow Tests and Vaccine Status
For some events, dependent on local council recommendations or venue requirements we may require proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow tests within the last 48 hours or proof of being fully vaccinated for a least 2 weeks.
If this is required it will be detailed in the entry information and the event guide for that event