What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our events seriously. After careful consideration during the offseason regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and all support staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of UK Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to venue capacity restrictions/adherence to guidelines
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing, NGB guidance etc. (e.g. Registration, flow, equipment etc.)
- Designated times for arrival and departure (event-specific info should include this)
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete. Any volunteer failing a temperature check will not be permitted to stay.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed on arrival at the event by all competitors, officials, volunteers and support staff.
- Contactless registration (if appropriate)
- Self-collection for event paperwork (EG. Bib numbers)
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on handwashing
- No handshakes, high-fives and spitting
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators will be permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after their element of the competition finishes
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days
- Competitors should stay home if they have been instructed to quarantine due to international travel restrictions or by NHS Track and Trace
- Competitors must follow direction from event staff, venue staff and volunteers.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing a temperature check will not be permitted to compete
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors are encouraged to wear a face-covering when indoors and moving about the building, (NB. Unless they are competing)
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk. All competitors should carefully consider their options and make sure they are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.