To co-ordinate and deliver high quality training sessions twice a week, as well as manage the First Team squad on match days, with the aim of winning the BUCS League title and University Cup competition.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To help implement a footballing philosophy within the first team - including a style of play both in and out of possession.
• To work as a cohesive team with the first team captain and vice-captain to deliver maximum success.
• To create and implement high quality training sessions twice a week in order to maximise the performance of the team on a match day.
• To undertake the necessary planning for each activity session to ensure the training sessions show variation, as well as demonstrating progression throughout.
• To ensure punctuality on both training days and matchdays with the help of the captain.
• To communicate effectively with the First team captain on all matters, including training sessions, matchday squads, and tactical decisions.
• To provide appropriate mentoring and guidance to players in a sporting setting.
• To continually evaluate the training sessions and matchday performance to maximise the potential of league and cup success.
• To take responsibility for their own continuous professional development and attend relevant training courses to improve their coaching delivery with potential financial help form the club if appropriate.
• Hold at least a Level Two Football Coaching Qualification
• Have held a (minimum) Level Two Football Coaching Qualification for at least one season.
• Hold a valid FA First Aid certificate
• Hold a valid FA Safeguarding certificate Desirable
• Hold a Level Three/UEFA B Football Coaching Qualification Experience Essential
• A minimum of 1 years Football coaching experience in a paid or voluntary capacity, ideally in a competitive or University club setting
• 2 Years or more Football coaching experience in a paid or voluntary capacity, ideally in a competitive or University club setting
Skills & Competencies
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and have the ability to delegate effectively
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong planning ability with excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage a group of participants effectively
• Attend all fixtures/training sessions
• Understanding of University Sports Clubs, as well as University Leagues and Cups
If this job interests you, please email Kieran Graham (First Team Captain) with;
• Your CV • An example training session • A short paragraph outlining the footballing philosophy which you would want to implement within the first team.
Contacts: Kieran Graham (1st team captain): Email: Kieran.email@example.com Mobile: 07731481740