British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) is seeking to appoint a team of highly qualified and experienced volunteer Medical Officers to support the GB Students delegation due to compete at the 2021 World University Winter and Summer Games.
The successful candidates will take the role for one World University Games cycle (Winter or Summer), from appointment through to the end of the Games. The successful candidates will also be encouraged to support the BUCS domestic programme during their tenure.
The World University Games are staged every two years. The next World University Winter Games are being held in Lucerne, Switzerland between 21-31 January 2021. The Winter Games are one of the largest winter multi-sports events in the world. The event sees around 2,500 participants competing across 10 sports, from more than 50 countries.
In 2021 the World University Summer Games will take place in Chengdu, China between the 16-27 August.
The Summer Games are the second largest multi-sports event in the World after the Summer Olympics. The event averages over 10,000 participants, competing across 18 sports, from more than 140 countries.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the pre-Games planning and organisation of the GB Students Delegation
For the full position description, please click here.
- To participate in pre-event planning of equipment and supplies in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer
- To act as a medical escort for GB Students members during travel/transit
- To provide a high-quality medical service to GB Students delegation members during the event - in a clinic setting, pitch-side/field of play, and on-call
- To liaise as required with local medical and emergency staff
- To maintain such information on treatment as required to provide accurate reports and records
- To liaise with the Chief Medical Officer on a regular basis regarding duties and to feedback any issues that arise
Candidates should send a CV and Covering Letter (including details of two referees) to GBStudents@bucs.org.uk.
Please also complete the survey before the application deadline date. This survey can be found here.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15 April 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact GBStudents@bucs.org.uk