British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) is seeking to appoint a highly qualified and experienced volunteer Head Physiotherapist to lead physiotherapy support and delivery for the GB Students delegation due to compete at the 2021 World University Winter Games.
The successful applicant will take the role for one World University Games cycle, from appointment through to March 2021 and will be encouraged to support the BUCS domestic programme during their tenure.
The World University Winter Games are staged every two years, with the next event being held in Lucerne, Switzerland between 21-31 January 2021.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the pre-Games planning and organisation of the GB Students Delegation.
- Co-ordinate the selection and appointment of GB Students HQ physiotherapists for the Winter Games
- Management of the Physiotherapists and Medical Centre in the Great Britain Headquarters in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer
- Act as the main point of contact for the BUCS International Performance Manager regarding physiotherapy information for teams/athletes attending the World University Winter Games
- Liaise with NGB/TASS physiotherapists attending the event as part of the GB Students delegation
- Work closely with the Head Physiotherapist for the BUCS Domestic Programme, and partner organisations such as the Home Nation Commonwealth Games Federations, UK School Games and the BOA, to ensure adequate provision of physiotherapy equipment and consumables for BUCS international & domestic programmes
- To stock take and order physiotherapy supplies in conjunction with the BUCS office and the Head Physiotherapist for the Summer Games and the BUCS Domestic Programme
- To assist in the packing and detailed scheduling of physiotherapy supplies as necessitated by customs and freight agents for the Winter Games
- Maintain such information on treatment as required to provide accurate reports and records
Candidates should send a CV and Covering Letter (including details of two referees) to GBStudents@bucs.org.uk.
Please also complete the survey before the application deadline date. This survey can be found here.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15 April 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact GBStudents@bucs.org.uk