British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) is seeking to appoint a highly qualified and experienced volunteer Head Physiotherapist to lead physiotherapy support and delivery for the GB Students delegation due to compete at the 2021 World University Summer Games.
The successful applicant will take the role for one World University Games cycle, from appointment through to September 2021. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to support the BUCS domestic programme during their tenure.
The World University Summer Games are staged every two years, with the next event being held in Chengdu, China between the 16-27 August 2021.
The Summer Games are the second largest multi-sports event in the World after the Summer Olympics. The event averages over 10,000 participants, competing across 18 sports, from more than 140 countries.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the pre-Games planning and organisation of the GB Students Delegation
For the full position description, please click here.
- Co-ordinate the selection and appointment of GB Students HQ physiotherapists for the Summer Games
- Management of the Physiotherapists and Medical Centre in the Great Britain Headquarters in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer
- Act as the main point of contact for the BUCS International Performance Manager regarding physiotherapy information for teams/athletes attending the World University Summer Games
- Liaise with NGB/TASS physiotherapists attending the event as part of the GB Students delegation
- Work closely with the Head Physiotherapist for the BUCS Domestic Programme, and partner organisations such as the Home Nation Commonwealth Games Federations, UK School Games and the BOA, to ensure adequate provision of physiotherapy equipment and consumables for BUCS international & domestic programmes
- To stock take and order physiotherapy supplies in conjunction with the BUCS office and the Head Physiotherapist for the Winter Games and the BUCS Domestic Programme
- To assist in the packing and detailed scheduling of physiotherapy supplies as necessitated by customs and freight agents for the Summer Games
- Maintain such information on treatment as required to provide accurate reports and records
- Production of a post-event Physiotherapy report on issues arising for future reference and planning
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team, as required, in conjunction with the Chef de Mission, Deputy Chef de Mission, Chief Medical Officer and Headquarters Manager
Candidates should send a CV and Covering Letter (including details of two referees) to GBStudents@bucs.org.uk.
Please also complete the survey before the application deadline date. This survey can be found here.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15 April 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact GBStudents@bucs.org.uk