British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) is seeking to appoint a highly qualified and experienced volunteer Chief Medical Officer to lead medical support and delivery for the GB Students delegation due to compete at the 2021 World University Summer Games.
The successful applicant will take the role for one World University Games cycle, from appointment through to September 2021. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to support the BUCS domestic programme during their tenure.
The World University Summer Games is staged every two years, with the next event being held in Chengdu, China between the 16-27 August 2021.
The successful candidate will play an active role in the pre-Games planning and organisation of the GB Students delegation.
- Co-ordinate the selection and appointment of the GB Students delegation medical officers and physiotherapists
- Management of the Medical Team and Medical Centre in the GB Students Headquarters in conjunction with the Head Physiotherapist
- Act as the main point of contact for the BUCS International Performance Manager regarding medical information for teams attending the World University Games, including inoculations, climate information, fluid intake etc.
- To stock take and order medical supplies in conjunction with the BUCS office
- Advise on medical queries/issues from the BUCS wider programme (domestic and international) from time to time
- Maintain such information on treatment as required to provide accurate reports and records
- Manage any associated medical insurance claim processing and issues as are required
- Production of a post games Medical Report on issues arising for future reference and planning
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team in conjunction with the Chef de Mission, Deputy Chef de Mission, Head Physiotherapist and Headquarters Manage
Candidates should send a CV and Covering Letter (including details of two referees) to GBStudents@bucs.org.uk
Please also complete the survey before the application deadline date. This survey can be found here.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 15 April 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact GBStudents@bucs.org.uk