Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will be expected to oversee and manage a comprehensive, insight-led programme of sport, wellbeing and physical activity initiatives as part of the University wide Active Staff and Students programmes.
- You will lead on the development of all new wellbeing initiatives, using physical activity as the main driver and work collaboratively with Wellbeing Services, the Students’ Union and other departments to ensure they are embedded into the student experience.
- You will be responsible for ensuring projects offer excellent engagement opportunities that are delivered on budget, marketed effectively, have robust monitoring and evaluation methods from which you will be able to demonstrate and communicate the wider impact.
- You will line manage the Project Officer and support the post holder to create a vibrant and nurturing atmosphere for the team of student activators.
Skills and Experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of working on insight-led programmes that connect sport, physical activity and wellbeing, drive participation and ultimately evidence and present the impact.
- You will have experience with engaging hard to reach groups and working with students would be advantageous.
- You will have line management experience and be confident in managing project budgets.
- You will believe strongly in adopting and promoting service excellence across all programmes and will embed this mindset within the project delivery team to ensure the best possible experience for participants.
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work well under pressure and be able to work independently as well as part of a busy team.
Qualifications required: Graduate or equivalent qualification or relevant demonstratable experience.