Division : Tournament Delivery
Location : Wembley Stadium
Closing Date: 25 October 2020
Vacancy type: Fixed term contract, full-time
The UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent's top talent since its inception in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 which is taking place in 2021 will be played across 12 host countries and cities for the first time. London and Wembley Stadium will host 7 matches in total between June-July 2021 - three group stage matches, one last-16 match, both semi-finals and the showpiece final.
UEFA EURO 2020 is being manged in each participating country by the repspective national federation on behalf of UEFA. As the host association and national federation for England, The FA is responsible for the overall delivery and co-ordination of the Local Organising Structure (LOS), working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Here at the FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly-skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English Football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
The objective of the UEFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme is to plan and implement a meaningful, high quality, efficient and memorable programme across all EUFA EURO 2020 venues. Approximately 1200 volunteers will be required to assist with the delivery of the event's wide-ranging projects in and around Wembley Stadium.
The main mission of the LOS Volunteer Assistant is to assist the LOS Volunteer Manager and LOS Volunteer Coordinator to oversee and deliver the EUFA EURO 2020 Volunteer Programme, ensuring that volunteers are efficiently on-board, trained and prepared to perform their roles and to support the event. For the special EURO edition, UEFA would like to ensure the population of each of the host cities/countries will be fully engaged, thus creating a legacy for volunteering in Europe. It is the ambition to offer volunteers an unforgettable experience so they embody a positive image of football across each of the host countries and beyond.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the Volunteer Management team to ensure that the event's administrative requirements are delivered in full including: inputting and editing data across multiple databases and spreadsheets, preparation of training materials and developing and updating reports and attendance lists during the various stages of the volunteer programme, for example during shift scheduling and training events.
- Be a key point of contact for Volunteers throughout the process including online (email and social media), phone calls and face to face.
- Assist with the design and delivery of an effective training programme.
- Provide assistance in relation to all volunteers' needs including transport and accessibiity requirements.
- Help to manage the volunteer centre at tournament time providing inspiration and motivation to the volunteers.
- Distribution of uniforms and recognition items to volunteers.
- Other duties as required to support the Volunteer Management team in the delivery of the Volunteer Programme and the wider delivery of UEFA EURO 2020 tournament.
The sucessful candidate will have:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in the Microsoft office suite with a strong focus on Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
- Be highly organised and efficient.
- Comfortable communicating across a range of channels including email, social media, face-to-face and phone calls.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on a wide range of adminsitrative tasks.
- Experience of working with discretion and confidentiality.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and have a flexible approach.
- Willingness to learn new things.
To apply for this role please follow the link below: