BUCS is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is currently studying at a BUCS Member Institution to act as Student Representative for the Cricket Sport Advisory Group (SAG). The Student Representative will present the voice and opinions of student-athletes, and act as an ambassador for the BUCS Cricket programme.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an ambassador for BUCS and the sport programme
- Establish relationships between BUCS and student-athletes within member institutions
- Advise the BUCS Sport Advisory Group (SAG) on all matters relating to the student perspective of BUCS Cricket.
- Help develop a strategic annual delivery plan encompassing student feedback as one element of the plan.
- Attend all relevant SAG meetings and provide any updates on actions from previous meetings.
BUCS Director of Delivery, Home Nation Governing Bodies, SAG members, BUCS member institutions, other external partners as appropriate.
Please detail in your application any experience you have in the following area’s;
University Cricket, BUCS, NGB space, Coaching, Umpiring, Sports Union, Volunteering, Participation, or any other Cricket or committee/ board experience.
This list is not exhaustive, just offered as a guide to help applications.
- Current student at a BUCS member institution
- Good sport specific knowledge
- Working within voluntary committees
- Understanding of developments within the wider sporting landscape
- Understanding of HE sporting landscape
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Proven advocacy capability
- Ability to motivate a team
- Approximately 4/5 SAG meetings per year
- Attendance at key sport specific events
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email including a CV and short cover letter including why you would be good for the role to Andy Gilvary, firstname.lastname@example.org