Northumbria University Sport are seeking an outstanding, proactive individual to head up and coach the Northumbria University Rowing Club based out at Tyne Amateur Rowing Club for the upcoming 2020/21 academic year.
Water Sessions will be held at Tyne Amateur Rowing Club, Newburn on a Wednesday & Sundays. As well as additional indoor/further training sessions on Monday & Thursdays at the University sports facilities based in the centre of Newcastle.
- The individual will plan, deliver and coach the University Rowing Club water-based sessions, as well as all indoor/circuit sessions.
- They must be able to create an effective training programme by tailoring coaching to meet the needs of a range of ability levels (including our Learn2Row course and senior crews).
- Attend all rowing related competitions with the university team
- The individual will work alongside and support the Rowing Club Committee to increase participation levels, offer inclusive sessions in a safe and sustainable way.
What we are looking for:
- A British Rowing Level 2 qualified (Club) Coach
- Launch License/Experience
- First Aid Qualified
- Experience is preferred but not essential, a newly qualified coach is also possible.
- If you are less than a level 2 coach please do not hesitate to also get in contact as this may be considered as well.
For further details please contact: