As Volunteer Physio you will work with the Team Manager and Coach to support athletes, as far as possible, to deliver their best performances at the competition. To provide medical advice and support commensurate with your qualifications for athletes whilst at competition
• Support athletes commensurate with your qualifications during their competition
• Communicate with athletes, coaches and support teams in advance of competition to ensure understanding of the athlete’s current condition
• Promote drug-free sport and have a working knowledge of the WADA code
• Support team logistics including internal travel and food
• BSc Physiotherapy
• Membership (MCSP) and Registered (HCPC)
• Knowledge and experience of working with International Teams or Athletes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience of supervising and working with a team
• Complying with all aspects of British Orienteering‘s Health & Safety Policy, Child Protection policy and Welfare arrangements.
• Current Driving Licence
• Be committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour and ensuring compliance with WADA code
• Reasonable expenses to be covered whilst attending competitions