The University of Warwick Swimming and Water Polo Club is one of the largest student run clubs at the University of Warwick. We operate from the University’s brand-new sports and wellness hub, which consists of a 8-lane, 25m state-of-the-art swimming facility. We have a thriving Swimming side and have swimmers and water polo players with a very wide range of abilities, ranging from total beginner to international standard.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual qualified to Level 1/2, to join the University of Warwick’s swimming team as a part-time coach as of September 2020. You will be expected to work alongside effectively with the Head Coach. As a part-time swimming coach you will be primarily responsible for the coaching of our athletes in the competitive and club squads one night a week. You will be responsible for delivering a session that is part of our high-quality programme which works towards success at BUCS level. With this role, you will implement and support the ‘Performance’ elements of the strategic plan ensuring continuous and ongoing development to include the following responsibilities:
● Lead the training and competition programme of the university of Warwick’s swimming team for one night a week.
● Work alongside the teams head coach to produce an entertaining and constructive session, accommodating for differences in ability.
● Be present and deliver the training session, at the following time: Thursdays pm 18:00-20:00 Time may vary slightly on Thursday night, depending on facility allocation for the new academic year.
● Encourage new members of the team, to stay with the club, working with the captains and development squad captain on development plans for individual club members.
● Helping the captains with squad selection, considering attendance as well as ability.
● Expected to attend meetings with the exec to assess progress throughout the year
Competitive; Negotiable dependent on experience and qualifications.
2 hours a week
University of Warwick Sports and Wellness Hub, Leighfield Rd, Coventry CV4 7EU.
This coaching role is a self-employed opportunity and therefore any successful candidate will only be contracted for services on a self-employed basis. To be registered as a self-employed coach you will be required to present the following: - ● Professional Indemnity insurance and Public Liability insurance. ● Must have a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) ● Have completed a coach registration pack and submitted to Warwick SU.
The role is to start w/c 28th September 2020. We are aware of the current lockdown and disruptions cause by Covid-19 Pandemic and do not expect to conduct interview or expect you to start until all normal operations are restored.
For further information on the application or if you have any questions contact Lily Miller (Swimming President) at L.Miller.3@Warwick.ac.uk
Closing date: 12 midnight 30th June 2020
Interviews: w/c 6th July 2020 (by arrangement; subject to restoration of all normal operations by date)