The first of three rifle events that takes place throughout the Rifle season.
The short range has qualifying rounds that leads to a final for both Individuals and Team.
Tuesday 15 September 2020
Tuesday 20 October 2020 at 11:59pm - Student/Competitor Deadline
Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline
Thursday 22 October 2020 at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries
£20.75 (Teams - made up of 6 individuals)
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
The top 12 Men, top 12 Women, top 6 Novice individuals as well as the top 8 teams with the highest combined scores will qualify for Short Range Championship Finals.
To see how many BUCS Points click here
Institutions can request an unlimited number of entries.
What are we doing to ensure your safety?
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, our team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of competitors, officials, volunteers and staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from local authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
- Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing with NGB guidance
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed 24 hours in advance of the event.
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy and no spectators are permitted
- Unfortunately, no presentations will take place and all medals will be posted to you after the event
- Competitors must depart promptly after competition finishes – no hanging around post event
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors must follow direction from BUCS staff
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire before competing
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times
- Competitors should wear a face covering when indoors. If the venue has not made it compulsory we would encourage/recommend that you wear one when moving about the building.
- Competitors should not share equipment at this time unless permitted within NGB guidance.
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide.
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.