Venues and Dates
Saturday 26 June
South-East Tournament - Kelsey Kerridge Sports Centre, Queen Anne Terrace, A603, Cambridge, CB1 1NA
South-West Tournament - Bristol City Academy, Russell Town Avenue, Redfield, Bristol, BS5 9JH
Saturday 3 July
North and Scotland Tournament - Lancaster University Sports Centre, Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA2 0PH
Tuesday 18 May 2021
Thursday 16 June 2021 at 11:59pm - Student/Competitor Deadline
Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline
Thursday 16 June at 11:59pm - Institution Administrator Approval Deadline
£15 per team
This competition will NOT operate a staged entry process. As such, please ensure all entries are submitted through BUCS Play prior to the closing date listed above.
Once Institution Administrators have created the team(s) students can join the team. Players must join the team before Thursday 16 June, otherwise they will not be permitted to be part of the match day playing squad.
Minimum number of teams required is 24, and a maximum of 42 (8 teams per tournament and up to 14 teams tournaments).
One team per institution is guaranteed an entry. If we are oversubscribed then we will limit institutions to a maximum of 3 teams.
We are currenly hoping that we will be able to play normal Korfball. This is subject to government approving the next stage of the roamap and England Korfball Association allowing for full competition to return.
If this does not occur, then we will be playing a modified version of the game.
What’s new for 2020-21?
Like always, we are taking safety at our event seriously. After careful consideration during the off season regarding the current Covid-19 pandemic, the BUCS team have implemented the following measures to promote the health and well-being of competitors, officials, volunteers and staff.
We created these measures by:
- Seeking advice from Local Authorities and National Governing Bodies regarding the current Covid-19 restrictions and recommendations
- Collaboration with the host venues
- Following of Government and NHS advice
- Consultation with BUCS Chief Medical Officer
New Measures: Event Disclaimer updated to include specifics around Covid-19
- Limited entries to adhere to capacity restrictions
- New event format to enforce all safety protocols such as social distancing, NGB guidance … etc. (EG. Registration, flow, equipment etc.)
- Designated times for arrival and departure. This is event specific information that will be released closer to the time.
- Staff members and volunteers interacting with competitors will be wearing appropriate PPE/face coverings
- Temperature checks on arrival. Any competitor failing 3 temperature checks will not be permitted to compete.
- Covid-19 questionnaire completed 24 hours in advance of the event
- Contactless registration.
- Self-collection for event paperwork (EG. Bib numbers)
- Access to hand-washing facilities, or hand sanitiser
- Increased signage on hand washing
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and facilities
- We will be operating on a restricted access policy
- Competitors must depart promptly after competition finishes – no hanging around post event
What’s expected of competitors:
- Event competitors should stay home if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, live in the same household with someone with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with, or suspected to have, Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Competitors are expected to produce a negative lateral flow Covid-19 test 48 hours before the tournament. In addition, a negative lateral flow Covid-19 must be sent to the Competition Manager by 5pm the evening before the tournament.
- Competitors must follow direction from BUCS/BSKA staff.
- Competitors must comply with temperature checks. Any competitor failing 3 temperature checks will not be permitted to compete.
- Competitors must complete Covid-19 questionnaire 24 hours before competing.
- Competitors should always follow social distancing guidance as per government regulations at the time.
- Competitors should ensure they are following hand hygiene practices at all times.
- Competitors should follow government guidance with regards to PPE/face coverings.
- Follow the guidance and safety procedures outlined for the event you are attending. These can be found in the Event Guide and will include any Covid-19 guidelines set out by the host venues.
Despite all these extra measures we have implemented, it is impossible to fully remove all risk.
Please carefully consider your options and make sure you are completely comfortable with the risks involved, before attending this event.