Tuesday 26th November 2019
Student/Competitor Deadline: Tuesday 21 January 2020 at 11:59pm
Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student deadline to approve entries.
This event will not offer staged entries. No late entries will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Individual Races: £16.75
- Relay Races: £30.50
- Reserves: will be charged £1 to cover administrative costs
Men's and Women's
Individual Championships (Men’s and Women’s)
Overall Team (Men’s and Women’s)
Overall Team is all athletes are eligible to count towards their University’s overall team total. The top 8 competitors in each event will score 20, 14, 10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 points respectively.
BUCS Points available for the aforementioned categories for individual championships are:
- 1st place: 12 points
- 2nd place: 8 points
- 3rd place: 6 points
- 4th place: 4 points
BUCS Points will not be allocated where the minimum number of competitors/teams has not been reached, or where there are not enough individual scores to extract a team score.
An individual/team must have beaten another individual/team to score BUCS Points (i.e. if three individuals/teams compete in an event, only two will score BUCS Points). This does not apply to extracted teams. Individuals/teams are regarded as having competed if they started the event; therefore DNS will not be regarded as having competed.Points will be available for para-athletes where applicable.
BUCS Points will be available for the top 8 teams. Please see Appendix 1 for a full breakdown of BUCS Points available for these Championships.
All BUCS member institutions may submit two entries per event. If an event reaches capacity one athlete per institution will be granted entry in the first instance (the athlete with the best performance over the past two years).
The second entrants per institution will then be ranked in best performance order and will fill the remaining spaces in that event.
Please note that for ALL events, 2 athletes can be selected as guaranteed. Up to 10 athletes can then be selected as non-guaranteed and will be automatically added to the reserve list.
Entry standards for athletes in the 3000m, Pole Vault and Triple Jump:
- 3000m - 09:50.00
- Pole Vault - 3.50m
- Triple Jump - 12.00m
- 3000m - 12:00.00
- Pole Vault - 2.65m
- Triple Jump - 10.00m
All athletes must provide a link to their Power of 10 Profile (or international equivalent, emailed to Ali Root and translated into English) when applying for the event on BUCS Play.
All athletes must have a Best Performance for the events they are entered into from 1 January 2018 to 23 January 2020 inclusive.
Every BP will be checked for all events.
All performances must be achieved between 1 Jan 2018 - 23 Jan 2020 inclusive.
- 60m: 60m Indoor Track Time or 100m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time (Athlete will be given slowest entry BP for seeding purposes, the IAAF Scoring Tables of Athletics do not allow for comparison)
- 60mH: 60mH Indoor Track Time or 100mH/110mH Indoor or Outdoor Track Time (Athlete will be given slowest entry BP for seeding purposes, the IAAF Scoring Tables of Athletics do not allow for comparison)
- 200m: 200m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time
- 400m: 400m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time
- 800m: 800m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time
- 1500m: 1500m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time
- 3000m: 3000m Indoor or Outdoor Track Time or 5000m Outdoor Track or Road Race time at this distance and all must be within the entry standard (athlete will be given slowest entry BP or the IAAF Scoring Tables of Athletics will be used for seeding purposes)
Field Events can use Indoor or Outdoor Best Performances
Disability Events - A previous performance in an event for newly classified athletes will not be necessary, but will be if entering other events.
- Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
- Institution administrator approves entry
- BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS individual eligibility REG 4.
Reserves must be entered on BUCS Play alongside the entries.
Do not submit a reserve if they are already entered into an event, including relay.
There is no limit to the number of reserves an institution can enter. Only athletes named on the reserve list or already competing in the competition will be able to be used as substitutes.
Substitutes must have an eligible BP within the last two years, meaning between 1 January 2018 and 23 January 2020 inclusive, for the event they are to be substituted into and will be checked on the day.
Entry rejections will be published on the 3 Feburary 2020 on the BUCS Website.
- No late entries will be accepted regardless of reason.
- Any entry without a Po10 link (or equivalent) will be rejected.
- Entries that do not meet an Entry Standard will be rejected.
- Entries without a BP achieved between 1 January 2018 – 23 January 2020 inclusive will be rejected.
- Entries without a BP submitted may be rejected.
Athletes and teams who fail to advise the event manager about withdrawals or substitutions prior to the 90 minute deadline before the event will be liable to a fine.
|OFFENCE||CASH DURING EVENT||LATE PAYMENT|
|No Show or Late Withdrawal from a Heat||£15||£20|
|No Show or Late Withdrawal from a Final||£20||£25|
Any student withdrawing from the final of an event will face the above fine and will not be permitted to compete in any other events during the Championships.
Substitutions and Withdrawals Procedure
- Withdrawals and substitutions may be made up to 90 minutes before the start of each event. Team captains must complete a withdrawal/substitution form and submit this to the Withdrawals and Substitutions Desk by this time. Please note the exceptional withdrawal procedure for the following: Men’s and Women’s Pole Vault - the deadline for withdrawals from these events will be 2 hours before the start of the event.
- The 90 minute deadline will be judged from the clock on the Registration Desk.
- Substitutions can only be made from the list of reserves submitted to BUCS by institutions electronically prior to the event or with an individual who has already been entered into another event and is listed elsewhere in the programme.
- Substitutes must have an eligible BP within the last 2 years, i.e. between 1 January 2018 and the 23 January 2020 inclusive, for the event they are to be substituted into and will be checked on the day. Standards and permitted performances will also apply to substitutions.
- Following the closure of entries and any subsequent checking of BPs, athletes on the reserve list will not be allowed to be substituted into an event from which they have previously been rejected if the reason for rejection was failing to provide a BP within the last 2 years, i.e. between 1 January 2018 and the 23 January 2020 inclusive, failing to provide a Po10 link (or equivalent results link) or not meeting the required standard for the 3000m, Pole Vault or Triple Jump.
- Athletes rejected as not meeting the 3rd/4th qualifying standard may be substituted back into the same event providing there are less than 2 athletes from the same institution in the event - the only exception to this is the 3000m, Pole Vault and Triple Jump where the required standard must be met in all cases and must have been achieved between 1 January 2018 and the 23 January 2020 inclusive; these substitutions will be checked on receipt of the substitution form.
- The online withdrawal and substitution forms will be live when entries close for this event. They will remain open until midday on Tuesday 11 February 2020. After this time withdrawals and substitutions must be made in person at the event.
- Mass withdrawals or substitutions may be submitted via email to Ali Root but must be on an excel sheet. After noon on Tuesday 11 February 2020 withdrawals and substitutions must be made in person at the event.
For substitutions, please title the columns with the following:
- Race # Out
- First Name Out
- Last Name Out
- Race # In
- First Name In
- Last Name In
- Power of 10 Link
For withdrawals, please title the columns with the following:
- Race #
- First Name
- Last Name
Important to note:
Entry standards will apply to any substitutions. Following the closure of entries and any subsequent checking of Best Performances, athletes on the reserve list will not be allowed to be substituted into an event from which they have previously been rejected if the reason for rejection was failing to provide a Best Performance within the last 2 years, failing to provide a Power of 10 link (or equivalent results link) or not meeting the required standard where standards are necessary.