Entries open: Tuesday 3 March 2020
Student/Competitor Deadline: Tuesday 14 April 2020 at 11:59pm
(Students/Competitors must apply by this deadline)
Institution Administrator Approval Deadline: Thursday 16 April 2020 at 11:59pm
(Institutional Administrators have 48 hours after the student/ competitor deadline to approve entries)
Please note: This event will not offer staged entries. No late entries will be accepted under any circumstances.
Individual Races: £14.75
Relay Races: £26.75
Reserves: will be charged £1 to cover administrative costs
Mens and Womens
Individual Championships (Men’s and Women’s)
Overall Team (Men’s and Women’s)
Overall Team = All athletes are eligible to count towards their University’s overall team total. The top 8 competitors in each event will score 20, 14, 10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 points respectively.
BUCS Points available for the aforementioned categories for individual championships are:
Points will be available for para-athletes where applicable. Further BUCS Points will be available for the top 8 teams. Please see Appendix 1 for a full breakdown of BUCS Points available for these Championships.
Please note that BUCS Points will not be allocated where the minimum number of competitors/teams has not been reached, or where there are not enough individual scores to extract a team score. Furthermore, an individual/team must have beaten another individual/team to score BUCS Points (i.e. if 3 individuals/teams compete in an event, only 2 will score BUCS Points). This does not apply to extracted teams. Individuals/teams are regarded as having competed if they started the event; therefore DNS will not be regarded as having competed.
Institutions may enter two students per event regardless of standard (except for 5000m, Pole Vault and Triple Jump – Entry Standards to be released on 2 March 2020).
However, if an event reaches capacity it may be necessary to restrict entries to 1 per institution and then best performances for remaining spaces. Any institution wishing to enter a 3rd and 4th athlete into an event must ensure that all athletes from their institution in that event have achieved the entry standards. 3rd or 4th athletes will only be permitted if space allows; guest competitors will not be allowed.
Only 2 athletes per institution will be scoring athletes, however universities do not have to declare their scoring/non-scoring athletes. The first two athletes from an institution will automatically be classed as the scoring athletes.
Entry standards for athletes 1 and 2 in the 5000m, Pole Vault and Triple Jump will be released on 2 March 2020.
All athletes must provide a link to their Power of 10 Profile (or international equivalent, emailed to Ali Root and translated into English) when applying for the event on BUCS Play.
All athletes must have a Best Performance for the events they are entered into from 1 January 2018 to 14 April 2020 inclusive. Every BP will be checked for all events.
1. Competitor to complete competition application on BUCS Play
2. Institution administrator approves entry
3. BUCS approves/denies entry into competition and publishes confirmed entry list.
By participating in this event you agree to adhere to BUCS General Event Disclaimer
To check whether you are eligible to compete in BUCS competitions, please visit BUCS individual eligibility REG 4.
Reserves must be entered on BUCS Play alongside the entries.
Do not submit a reserve if they are already entered into an event, including relay.
There is no limit to the number of reserves an institution can enter. Only athletes named on the reserve list or already competing in the competition will be able to be used as substitutes.
Substitutes must have an eligible BP within the last 2 years, i.e. between 1 January 2018 and 14 April 2020 inclusive, for the event they are to be substituted into and will be checked on the day.
Entry rejections will be published on the 24 April 2020 on the BUCS Website.
- No late entries will be accepted regardless of reason.
- Any entry without a Po10 link (or equivalent) will be rejected.
- Entries that do not meet an Entry Standard will be rejected.
- Entries without a BP achieved between 1 January 2018 – 14 April 2020 inclusive will be rejected.
- Entries without a BP submitted may be rejected.
Athletes/Teams who fail to advise the event manager about withdrawals or substitutions prior to the 90 minute deadline before the event will be liable to a fine.
|OFFENCE||CASH DURING EVENT||LATE PAYMENT|
|No Show or Late Withdrawal from a Heat||£15||£20|
|No Show or Late Withdrawal from a Final||£20||£25|
Any student withdrawing from the final of an event will face the above fine and will not be permitted to compete in any other events during the Championships.
Substitutions and Withdrawals Procedure
1. Withdrawals and substitutions may be made up to 90 minutes before the start of each event. Team captains must complete a withdrawal/substitution form and submit this to the Withdrawals and Substitutions Desk by this time. Please note the exceptional withdrawal procedure for the following: Men’s and Women’s Pole Vault - the deadline for withdrawals from these events will be 2 hours before the start of the event.
2. The 90 minute deadline will be judged from the clock on the Registration Desk.
3. Substitutions can only be made from the list of reserves submitted to BUCS by institutions electronically prior to the event or with an individual who has already been entered into another event and is listed elsewhere in the programme.
4. Substitutes must have an eligible BP within the last 2 years, i.e. between 1 January 2018 and the 14 April 2020 inclusive, for the event they are to be substituted into and WILL be checked on the day. Standards and permitted performances will also apply to substitutions.
5. Following the closure of entries and any subsequent checking of BPs, athletes on the reserve list will not be allowed to be substituted into an event from which they have previously been rejected if the reason for rejection was failing to provide a BP within the last 2 years, i.e. between 1 January 2018 and the 14 April 2020 inclusive, failing to provide a Po10 link (or equivalent results link) or not meeting the required standard for the 5000m, Pole Vault or Triple Jump.
6. Athletes rejected as not meeting the 3rd/4th qualifying standard may be substituted back into the same event providing there are less than 2 athletes from the same institution in the event - the only exception to this is the 5000m, Pole Vault and Triple Jump where the required standard must be met in all cases and must have been achieved between 1 January 2018 and the 14 April 2020 inclusive; these substitutions will be checked on receipt of the substitution form.
7. The online withdrawal and substitution forms will be live when entries close for this event. They will remain open until midday on Tuesday 5 May 2020. After this time withdrawals and substitutions must be made in person at the event.
8. Mass withdrawals or substitutions may be submitted via email to Ali Root but must be on an excel sheet. After noon on Tuesday 5 May 2020 withdrawals and substitutions must be made in person at the event.
For substitutions, please title the columns with the following:
- Race # Out
- First Name Out
- Last Name Out
- Race # In
- First Name In
- Last Name In
- Power of 10 Link
For withdrawals, please title the columns with the following:
- Race #
- First Name
- Last Name
Please note: Entry standards will apply to any substitutions. Following the closure of entries and any subsequent checking of Best Performances, athletes on the reserve list will not be allowed to be substituted into an event from which they have previously been rejected if the reason for rejection was failing to provide a Best Performance within the last 2 years, failing to provide a Power of 10 link (or equivalent results link) or not meeting the required standard where standards are necessary.