The BUCS Downhill Mountain Bike Championships are coming! Fingers crossed for a weekend of sun and great competition!
Please see below for the final information you should need to sure you are in the right place at the right time over the weekend. If there is anything else you need to know, please get in touch!
BUCS DH MTB Championships 2015 - Entry Information
Date: 18th and 19th April 2015
Venue: Innerleithen, Scotland
Cost of entry: £60 per competitor (including camping on Friday and Saturday night)
Entry Closing Date: 2nd April 2015
Entry Process: Entries need to be entered on BUCScore, our online entry system. Please speak to your Athletic Union as they will need to enter you into the competiton on this system).
Alumni Guest Entries:
Alumni competitors can compete as guests in the competition by completing the paper entry form here. Card payment over the phone will be required prior to the closing date. Guests will only be able to compete in the individual competition, and will not count towards BUCS points. Please note that once entered into the competition, no entry fees will be refunded unless a withdrawal is due to injury and is supported by a doctors note.
Championships: BUCS Individual Men's Championship, BUCS Individual Women's Championship, BUCS Men's Team Championship (3 male riders from the same institution), BUCS Women's Team Championship (2 female riders from the same institution).
Please note: You do not need to enter the team championship on BUCScore. The team time is automatically calculated by adding up the times of the 3 fastest male, or 2 fastest female, individual riders (entered into the indidividual competition).
Saturday 18th April - Practice day. Uplift available all day for all entered competitors.
Sunday 19th April - Practice in the morning. Uplift available. Qualifying run in the afternoon, followed by Championship run for fastest 100 riders.
Final schedule will be confirmed in the pre-event information.
BUCS Downhill MTB Championships - Marshals needed
To run the event, BUCS need 25 marshals, so we need you or your team mates to get involved!
Marshals will receive:
• Travel expenses to and from the venue at the BUCS rate of 0.45p per mile
• Lunch and snacks
• Some BUCS kit
• Free camping
If you can help out, and fancy seeing some great student riding on an exciting course, then please get in touch by completing this form.
Additional information required for the BUCScore entry form:
• Is the competitor a member of British Cycling?
• Please enter your BC licence number (if rider has one)
• Relevant medical information (e.g. allergies, asthma, diabetes)
• Emergency contact name
• Emergency contact number
• Disclaimer: It is in the interests of all the competitors to pre-ride/inspect the course, and is entirely their decision to take part. Please ensure the individual is fully conversant with the rules of the event. Clicking this box acts as agreement that neither the organisers, nor their agents, officials, land owners, sponsors or fellow competitors shall be liable in any way or in any circumstances for any damage or injury suffered by the individual in connection with this event. The individual will abide by the rules of the promoter. The individual will participate entirely at their own risk and will ride in a manner that is safe. The cycle used by the individual will be in good working order and properly maintained. The individual agrees to abide by the rules of the site and accepts that they will be liable for any damage caused (knowingly or otherwise). The individual will behave in a manner that befits a national sporting event, and any misbehaviour may result in disqualification, team penalisation or fine. Please tick here to confirm.
Pre-event information: Published on the BUCS website and in BUCS Essentials on the 7th February 2015.
Any questions, please get in touch!