- Event type
Saturday 1 February 2014
University of Stirling, Stirling, Scotland, FK9 4LA
29th October 2013
Midnight 16th January 2014
£9.50 per entry
Please contact your Athletic Union as they will need to submit your entry using BUCScore. The online forms will be live from the 29th October and will close automatically at midnight on the 16th January. The online forms will need to be completed in full – incomplete forms cannot be submitted. No late entries can be accepted under any circumstances.
INFORMATION REQUIRED AT ENTRY
As well as entering the competitors details at point of entry, Athletic Unions will also be required to enter team details. Which includes the main team contact on the day, a contact number and travel arrangements. We are collecting this information as a precaution in case of late changes/cancellation and to gather an idea of how many coaches/cars will require parking. For any questions regarding the entry process please contact Jo Crawford.
Men’s Long Race: Only SIX men per institution may run in the Men’s Long Race with the first FOUR finishers to count towards the team event. All other male competitors must race in the Men’s B Race.
Men’s B Race: This race is for all men not competing in the Long Race. Teams are made up of four members and there can be multiple teams per institution if team size allows.
ATHLETES MAY ONLY COMPETE IN ONE RACE AT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Women’s Long Race: Unlimited numbers from each institution may run in the Women’s Long Race. The first THREE finishers per institution will count towards the team points.
NO SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE PERMITTED IN EITHER THE MEN’S OR WOMEN’S COMPETITIONS. Any athlete not listed in the entries found to be racing will be subject to immediate disqualification. Additionally, any athlete who is not declared on the appropriate form would also be subject to immediate disqualification from all competition.
Please note the following points:
• No institution will count in the Team Events unless all scoring runners finish.
• Team points will be calculated by adding together the placing’s of each scoring member. The team with the lowest number of points will be named the Team Champions.
• “Scoring members” will be the first scoring runners past the finish line (first 4 in the Men’s races and first 3 in the Women’s race). These scorers do not need to be identified in advance.
• In the event of a tie on points in the team competition a “countback” will take place with the position of the last counted finishers (4th in the Men’s races and 3rd in the Women’s race) for each team compared.
• In the Women’s race only one team per institution can be counted in the team competition.
• In the Men’s B Race medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams irrespective of whether these teams are from the same institution.
• Team medals will only be awarded to scoring runners (first 4 athletes from a university in Men’s races and first 3 in Women’s race).
|Men’s Race||12:00||11.1 km|
|Women’s Race||13:00||6.4 km|
|Men’s B Race||14:00||7.9 km|
This event will be contested under the rules of UK Athletics and the BUCS Regulations.
The follow points scoring system will be in operation in the Men’s and Women’s Long Races:
• Men’s Individual – First 4 home will score BUCS points.
• Women’s Individual – First 4 home will score BUCS points.
• Men’s Team – First 8 teams home will score BUCS points.
• Women’s Team – First 8 teams home will score BUCS points.
• The Men’s B Race does not earn BUCS points
Gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three individuals and teams in each race. BUCS Trophy medals will be awarded in the Men’s B Race.
For a list of nearby accommodation please click here
The University of Stirling Athletics Club would like to invite all athletes and friends to the after party in the University of Stirling Students Union. The Students Union will be open from 21:30 to 02:00 (tbc). Tickets will be priced at £4 and will be available throughout Saturday 1st February. The venue has a capacity of 700 and the athletics club will update ticket sales progress via the use of the clubs twitter account.
For any questions regarding the BUCS Cross Country Championships please contact Jo Crawford